Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Technical-New Bow-Which is best- HELP

Old 03-30-2005, 11:17 AM
KEM

Default Technical-New Bow-Which is best- HELP

I am looking at a new bow since my old Bear is on its last limbs. I have decided that because I am a spot n Stalk hunter in the woods and corn I want a short light bow. Does anyone have guidance on these bows both pro and con. I do shoot targets but no longer do 3-D shoots other than for the occasional fun. I do however shoot plenty of targets at 60 yards as a way to force a steady hand when shooting shorter.

I am looking at the following bow choices and have listed what I believe are the most important factors. I eliminated speed as they all list the inflated IBO speed of 305-310:

Parker--------Extreme UL 31-------Axle-A 31.0"------Riser 7.0"--------Weight -2.9#
Mathews------Outback-------------------31.5"------------7.6"----------------4.3#
hoyt-----------Vipertech-----------------32.5"------------7.5"-----------------3.8#
PSE------------Vengance----------------34.5"------------7.6"-----------------4.2#

The switch back is the newest bow by mathews, but it is 1.5" longer, and has a shorter riser by 7/8". So I am leaning away from it.

Some questions my friends brough up included vibration, ability to hold a ligh bow steady.
I am if its imp a big guy so will most likly be getting my bow with 70# draw 30" Draw length
Old 04-01-2005, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Technical-New Bow-Which is best- HELP

go to huntersfriend.com they have many bows to compare.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:02 AM

Default RE: Technical-New Bow-Which is best- HELP

That is a subjective question. There is no one that can answer that for you. The best bow is the one that fits you best, is comfortable for you to shoot, meets the things you want(ATA, Brace, ect.), and you will be happy with. That is the best bow out there. The fact of the matter is Bowtech, Mathews, Hoyt are the biggest names on the block. They all live up to the billings. I shot the Outback, Switchback, Vtec, Xtec, Blackknight, and Allegiance before I bought the Allegiance. They are all great bows. This one is the one that fit me best and I bought it to make me happy. Not based on other peoples estimation of the bow. Good luck!