Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Hush Kit or Sims String Leeches

Old 03-27-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Bowtech Hush Kit or Sims String Leeches

I currently have the Bowtech Hush Kit on my Bowtech Allegiance. The bow is very quiet, but one of the silencers are all torn up. I only have 2 arms on the lower one. I will take the silencers off now, but I will put some on as the season gets closer. I was wondering which one would work better- The Bowtech Hush Kit or the Sims String Leeches? Thanks
Old 03-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Hush Kit or Sims String Leeches

Not sure about the Allegience, but my Patriot would flat out eat a simms (newest model) in a matter of under 30 shots. I had to go w/ cat whiskers for longevity, but am hoping the STS system will cure that ill.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think you can go wrong with the Sims leeches. They don't last very long a lot of times, but the noise killing ability of them is great. I will be putting them on my Allegiance as I have noticed it ate up the Bowtech hush kit rather quickly.

Here's something I would really like to know. Why does the top one get chewed up faster than the bottom? At first I thought it was because it was hitting the cable, but on the Equalizer bows, the silencers are both the same distance from the cables on top and bottom.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:09 AM

My bottom one only has 2 arms left. Every other one is perfect. How strange.[]
Old 03-28-2005, 08:02 AM

My Allegiance destroyed the string silencers in the first 50 shots. I do not plan to do anything until just before hunting season. The 3D targets don't care about 1 or 2 decibles more noise. I have discussed this with the pro shop and we agreed that the Simms would do the same thing the originals did. We are going to put cat whiskers on in the fall. Good luck and let me know if you have good luck with the Simms.