Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

TORQUE!!! Need help!

Old 09-13-2002, 11:58 AM

Default TORQUE!!! Need help!

Over the past few days I have been really starting to dial in my bow. I recently noticed that my sight is about 1/4-3/8 inch to the left of my centershot (I"m a right hand shooter). This was really bothering me. Upon further inspection I noticed my string is wearing away from where it appears it is hitting the cable guard. I can now see that I'm torqueing the bow. I don't know how to correct this. I'm shooting a Martin Cougar Elite. The handle is small and does not have any contours in it. The only way I can get the bow un-torqued (I don't know if that's a word) is by holding the handle and turning it. Please help
Old 09-13-2002, 01:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: TORQUE!!! Need help!

I had a Jaguar Fuzion and I had the same problem with it. Mine had the rubber grips and I had a heckuva time getting consistent hand placement. I'd just decided to get some wood grips for the bow when someone decided they needed the bow worse than I did and had the cash to prove it.

I didn't care for the cable guard on that bow either. It's really flexible, but I know they designed it that way to put less side stress on the cable and cam at full draw. Don't know what arrows you're shooting, but it could be they are so light that the bow is recovering to brace too fast for the cable guard to spring out of the string's way. Don't know if that's happening, but you might try some heavier arrows. I know, I know... 'there he goes again with heavy arrows,' but it's something you could try and see what happens.

Also, think about getting the contoured wood grips. I was looking at the C-33 Pro grip or the C-37 Saddleback.

www.martinarchery.com

Look under accessories.