Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help needed with new Justice

Old 03-22-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Help needed with new Justice

I bought a new Bowtech Justice. It is rated at 70# draw weight. I have it set down to 58#. When I set it up with my whisker biscuit, string loop, hush package, and peep sight. Then I topped it with 386 gr. 26" Carbon fury arrows. My speed was 218 fps. With all the calcs. I can do I should be shooting 211 fps. I thought this was great until my brother started teasing me about how slow it was. He shoots a PSE kids bow set at 50# at 187 fps. I tried to explain to him that I want killing power not a super light arrow that is super fast but has no kinetic energy down range. Can anyone help me to explain this to him or give me anything to say that will back him off of me??
Old 03-22-2005, 07:46 PM

Default RE: Help needed with new Justice

i'm not sure you are supposed to have it backed down past 60 pounds.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

At 70 pounds you would be in the neighborhood of 245fps.

Just look at them to start with. The attention to detail and quality will be night and day.

Then shoot them side by side yours will me more quiet and have no shock or recoil to speak of.

Then shoot his and you will have all the ammo you need to back him off you
Old 03-22-2005, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

ozark I would turn that up to at least 60 pounds before your limbs come flying off!! check your manual or go to www.bowtecharchery.com and download the manual for it I am pretty sure bowtech does not recommend turning your limb bolts out no more than 3 turns I think.If you got this from a local dealer you should see if they can get you a 60 max justice

Old 03-23-2005, 03:42 AM

Yea I got it from my local dealer. According to him I am supposed to start it out at the least amount and work my way up. I'm going tonight to get it turned up to 70#. In my owners manuel it shows in the backunder the speed rating chart that the Justice at 26" should shoot between 246 - 254 fps.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:22 AM

If you're a new shooter/hunter, don't get too worked up about speed or draw weight!! Accuracy and good shooting habits are what you need to work on. Don't over bow yourself to where you have to struggle to get to full draw, shooting a bow shouldn't be a workout Winning a bet on shots with your brother should be top priority instead of how fast you are shooting an arrow