Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

No Fluke this time...... CRACKED LIMB

Old 03-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No Fluke this time...... CRACKED LIMB

Hey BM.. I feel your pain! I pulled back my Liberty a few days ago and heard that oh so familiar crack. Yep, my 3rd limb crack in a year.
I am not bashing bowtech.
They need to get things figured out before I will ever consider buying one. I am reading about WAY too many cracked limbs to put my trust in them.
IMHO bowtech is too new at the bow building business. They need a few more years to get the bugs worked out.
I am hard headed & treat every product the same. I never trust a new product until it has been proven over time.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:26 PM

Buck Magnet, what pro shop do you go to? I was in Gone for a Day on Friday, on Route 422.

Nice little shop. Great people.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:42 PM

ram96,

I bought my bow from Jeff at Gone For A Day, but now I take my bow to Ace High Archery. Tony at Ace High has a good bit more tuning and technical knowledge about archery than Jeff!
Old 03-28-2005, 06:45 PM

PA Hardwoods and I were talking today and we had a hunch where you shopped.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:59 PM

the reflex has the glass limbs not the laminated ones. im talking about the higher end hoyts.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am not bashing bowtech.
They need to get things figured out before I will ever consider buying one. I am reading about WAY too many cracked limbs to put my trust in them.
IMHO bowtech is too new at the bow building business. They need a few more years to get the bugs worked out.
I am hard headed & treat every product the same. I never trust a new product until it has been proven over time.
Well I would not be too quick to blame Bowtech or the way they build a bow seeing the limbs are made by Gordon Glass who make limbs for a lot of other bow companies.

Which where also have limb problems with last years models.

The main thing is BT will stand behind their bows and the problem will be fixed no questions asked.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:57 AM

Amen to that Aussie,

I took the bow to a different shop than where I bought it (this shop seems to be more tech savy), and they had no problem with that. I showed the owner the crack, and he took the bow and said he would have new limbs on it as soon as BowTech got them to him..... no questions asked! Like I said, I don't like the cracked limb, but that isn't gonna change my opinion on BwTech or there bows. These bows just feel way too good to let a fluke like that stop me from shooting them!
Old 03-29-2005, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy
Well I would not be too quick to blame Bowtech or the way they build a bow seeing the limbs are made by Gordon Glass who make limbs for a lot of other bow companies.

Which where also have limb problems with last years models.

The main thing is BT will stand behind their bows and the problem will be fixed no questions asked.
I don't think anyone is blaming bowtech for a cracked limb. And it's great they are taking care of it. What is being said is if Bowtech knows or suspects there is a limb problem and does nothing but wait for a crack to happen that is not taking care of their customers. Don't over look the fact that although they are taking care of the crack they are not compensating the customer for their loss. If this is just one of those things fine, no big deal, stuff happens and we all make allowances for that. But if it is a company just trying to save a buck at it’s loyal customers expense then people need to make sure it’s put a stop to.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:12 PM

well, i had some issues with my bow(s) that are documented on this sight, and i can tell you for a fact they lost money on me, except maybe some people who have shot mine bought one. i've never had a company lose money on me with such a great attitude of sincere helpfulness. from our states sales rep, to todd and pat. i know, for whatever reason, i've been one of 'those' customers and they've never made me feel like it one iota, not one bit. if i leave a message with the tech department for a string length question or anything i get called back with a 'hey buddy, how's it going.' i've been mad through this process at times, but always polite, and i've always been reassured and taken care of like i was one of their pro-shooters, and i'm a nobody in the archery world. that kind of respect has won me over as a customer for life. you pick whatever company you want, i know where i'm staying and i know if i ever have an issue it will be taken care of in a timely manner and with the utmost in kindness and sincerity.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gibblet

well, i had some issues with my bow(s) that are documented on this sight, and i can tell you for a fact they lost money on me, except maybe some people who have shot mine bought one. i've never had a company lose money on me with such a great attitude of sincere helpfulness. from our states sales rep, to todd and pat. i know, for whatever reason, i've been one of 'those' customers and they've never made me feel like it one iota, not one bit. if i leave a message with the tech department for a string length question or anything i get called back with a 'hey buddy, how's it going.' i've been mad through this process at times, but always polite, and i've always been reassured and taken care of like i was one of their pro-shooters, and i'm a nobody in the archery world. that kind of respect has won me over as a customer for life. you pick whatever company you want, i know where i'm staying and i know if i ever have an issue it will be taken care of in a timely manner and with the utmost in kindness and sincerity.

That's great gibblet. I'll think of you and your words when I see a bowtech. In my mind I'll be thinking "good bow and a great company too".

You own a bowiech! Your sombody! I'm sure that's the way Bowtech see's it.

Quick Reply: No Fluke this time...... CRACKED LIMB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.