Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

No Fluke this time...... CRACKED LIMB

Old 03-24-2005, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No Fluke this time...... CRACKED LIMB

On a side note, I was at a different shop today that sells Hoyts and a guy was in there with his V-Tec and to say that he was in a rage is an understatement! His RISER had cracked in half about an inch below the top limb pocket and he was having a roung time getting it fixed!
I find that extremely hard to believe.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

with

As for the cracked limb nothing to worry about it will be put right with no questions asked.
Well I always like to hear good things about companies. One question that should be asked is where is the pressure coming from to cause a crack there? It's not like a wedge is in between the cam pocket. I wonder if the cable guard is twisting the limbs causing force on one side of the limb. I don't know how they make the limb but if it's injection, that can be the problem. I don't know why they would though.
With the money that is charged for high end bows fixing the problem quick would be a good idea, maybe a recall. It's seems only a matter of time before someone is seriously hurt and if it is a problem as some have stated here they better start doing more than sending out a new limb to someone or they're going to need some good lawyers.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

On a side note, I was at a different shop today that sells Hoyts and a guy was in there with his V-Tec and to say that he was in a rage is an understatement! His RISER had cracked in half about an inch below the top limb pocket and he was having a roung time getting it fixed!
I find that extremely hard to believe.
I have wondered about the tec risers. They do everything they say they will but I know, or think I know, something about bridges. They use an example of a bridge in their promo. They make a point of their risers being inflexible like a bridge. Only things is, If a bridge doesn't flex it will break. At least that's what I've been taught. I used to work on large freighters. In a storm they would twist and bend. I was told this was a good thing. That if it didn't it would bust in half.

I think anyone who has a tec riser (myself) should keep that in mind.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Matt,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,, what about that recent cable issue on your Old Glory LOL
Russ.

You know some people should never be given a sharp object to play with
Oh see.........that's not funny.
I don't even go near that bow anymore with anything sharper than a bowl of Jello.
Thanks to Todd at Bowtech for getting me up and shooting again in no time.

FYI for those of you who might try it yourself........razor blades and TS1 cables don't mix.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:53 AM

Sorry Mat,, I just HAD to throw that in there
Old 03-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

nodog, sorry but I wasn't very clear. I find it hard to believe that Hoyt isn't doing anything about it, not that their riser design can't fail. There was a guy who was on here a few years back that had a Hoyt Cybertec. A peice of the riser, right were the arrow shelf met the handle just broke off. Hoyt sent him a brand new bow without hesistation.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:14 PM

man that sucks bm thats the same thing that happend to my mighty mite but mine cracked about the 10th time i shot it.. all the shots you put on it and it just did it wow....better now then just before the season then again rather of not had it happen at all. good luck
Old 03-24-2005, 12:16 PM

muzzy,

I am not sure if it was Hoyt or if it was this shop giving this guy a hard time. From the way he was talking, he sounded as though he wanted a new bow but Hoyt was only willing to send him a new riser and he was worried about it matching the limbs/cams.

On a side note.... while I was at the shop I was talking to the owner about cracked limbs/broken bows that he has seen over the years. His son and two of his friends were in the range shootings, and then there is a loud THUD! The shop owner said "speaking of breaking a bow" and he asked his sons friend what happened. Here, his arrow fell off the string right before he shot. Apparently, he decided to try shooting his bow without a release and it didn't work
Old 03-25-2005, 11:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet

ewolf,

Actually, the number of crack limb posts about BowTechs has been very few! Some were flukes while others were not pressed right, I am not happy about having a cracked limb right now, but I am 100% confident that BowTech will take care of me as best they can and I know that this is just a fluke incident that could have easily happened no matter what brand is on the limb! My father had a Browning limb blow-up on him, and he replaced that bow with another Browning which currently has a cracked limb. My best-friend had a PSE which had a cracked limb while he had a Browning that never gave him a problem. I saw this Hoyt today with a cracked riser where as I owned a Hoyt and never had a problem, I have also owned a different BowTech and it never had a single problem! Mathews, well, my sisters boy-friend and his friend have just bought Mathews and they have been dealing with several problems, draw lengths comming too long, string breaking, serving seperation, grip falling off, consistant left tears ect.. while as others that I know who have owned Mathews have never had a problem.

My point is that you can't label a bow company by a very few isolated incidents, if this were the case, every single bow company must be on your bad list!

What in the world is your sister's boyfiend doing to break strings........

But folks the more any bow get's out on the market the more you will hear about problems with them.......

Like BowTech for example...They have probally sold more that last 2 years than all years combined.......So that means more bows are out there and you'll hear more......

You always hear about PSE breaking limbs...Why because they are everywhere....

If the company stands behind thier product that all that matter's.....

BTW BowTech does.........And this is coming from a Mathews shooter..........
Old 03-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just wanted to let everyone know that I was NOT trying to bash Bowtech or any other company.

It is true that ALL bow companies have problems from time to time but right now Mathews,Bowtech,PSE,AR are having a few problems with limbs that could be almost completely eliminated with using the technology available today.With the cost of their bows the technology should be the best available.

I had a friend that was shooting an AR and had the limbs split just like in the picture.He got a new set of limbs and the first 3-d shoot he went to with his new limbs,he had the same thing happend and this person was shooting arrows OVER 500 grains.He did have a 31" draw and it was apparent they couldn't handle the stress.

Hoyt had horrible limb problems with their redline limbs several years ago,that were exactly the same style Gordan glass limbs that are used by most companies today.They have developed a much better limb and they now have some of the best limbs available in the market today.

I believe we as consumers when asked to pay these exorborant prices for bows should be demanding the highest quality available.I also feel the Gordan limbs have a place in the market but they don't belong on $700 bows.

JMHO

Quick Reply: No Fluke this time...... CRACKED LIMB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.