Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

No Fluke this time...... CRACKED LIMB

Old 03-23-2005, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No Fluke this time...... CRACKED LIMB

See, this is the soft of thing that concerns me. I just bought an Allegiance and love the bow. But, there was a rash of limb failures on Bowtechs last year.
This is the exact reason I will not buy a BowTech. I am hearing/reading about too many cracked limbs to make me feel confident in there product.
What would you do if this happened the night before archery season opened? I myself would not take a chance & hunt with that bow.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have the utmost confidence in Bowtech and really am not all that worried about it. But I have to admit that it is something I keep a close eye on with this bow.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is the exact reason I will not buy a BowTech. I am hearing/reading about too many cracked limbs to make me feel confident in there product.
That's a shame, because you might as well eliminate a bunch of other manufacturers makes and models as well........the limbs are no different in composition and construction than many other top naMe bows.

The limb failure rates on these bows are no different than any other model or make sporting the same type limbs.......what you do wind up with are #1, press issues with Parallel limb bows causing some problems, and #2 just the inevitable % of bad luck. When you combine the 2, you wind up with what looks like a disproportionate amount of limb failures.
The press issue with these style bows is very real and improper pressing can wreck a set of limbs in a hurry, however I would imagine BM's just falls under the bad luck category.
That's what the warranty is for, and the bow will be back to normal ASAP.

This sort of thing can happen to ANY bow, at any time and YES even the day before archery season.

My experience with my personal Bowtech bows which include roughly 10 models with thousands upon thousands of shots is no problems with anything, let alone limb failure. If the % were high, I would expect that I would have seen something to that effect and haven't. I shoot Bowtech, all my friends shoot Bowtech and none of us have had limb issues of any kind. The amount of shots on all of our bows which amounts to dozens combined would boggle the mind.[:-]
My personal Liberty has THOUSANDS of shots on it.
I've also had my bows in and out of presses screwing with this or that so many times it's almost frightening but I've never had a press issue because all pressing is done properly on the right press, by myself or properly supervised by myself.

Trust in the fact that you purchased a bow with a great warranty, and that if you DO find yourself in the unfortunate position that BM is in, you're bow will be fine.

By the way I have only had 2 limb problems in all of my years in archery, and I won't tell you what manufacturer that was.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:05 PM

Well guys, the bow is at the shop right now! Still have no idea what happened to cause this break! The bow was never dry fired and never took any beating at all. The only thing that I can think of is a 1 in 1,000,000 bad limb or the bow was no pressed properly at the shop where I purchased the bow (the same shop that screwed up my factory string)!

This is the first time the guy at the shop has seen a cracked limb on a BowTech with the exception of a bow that he had ordered that was smashed in transport to his shop!

On a side note, I was at a different shop today that sells Hoyts and a guy was in there with his V-Tec and to say that he was in a rage is an understatement! His RISER had cracked in half about an inch below the top limb pocket and he was having a roung time getting it fixed! [:-]
Old 03-23-2005, 07:22 PM

For those of you that think shooting a bow with a cracked limb is ok. [:'(] I have marks on my back to prove that it is not ok. I had a bow that cracked the upper limb with one shot left on the course. I was shooting for my first 400 score, all I needed was an 8(This was back in the day when 400 was something to really brag about.) So I thought hey it will last one more shot... WRONG that sucker cracked and man it hit me in the shoulder blade. Don't ever shot a bow with a cracked limb.

This is why laminante split limbs are simply better. Show me the threads on here that talk of one of these limbs breaking. It has to be more than bad luck, tell me how many times someone has talked of their limbs breaking/cracking, and how many of those have been bowtechs?
Old 03-23-2005, 07:58 PM

ewolf,

Actually, the number of crack limb posts about BowTechs has been very few! Some were flukes while others were not pressed right, I am not happy about having a cracked limb right now, but I am 100% confident that BowTech will take care of me as best they can and I know that this is just a fluke incident that could have easily happened no matter what brand is on the limb! My father had a Browning limb blow-up on him, and he replaced that bow with another Browning which currently has a cracked limb. My best-friend had a PSE which had a cracked limb while he had a Browning that never gave him a problem. I saw this Hoyt today with a cracked riser where as I owned a Hoyt and never had a problem, I have also owned a different BowTech and it never had a single problem! Mathews, well, my sisters boy-friend and his friend have just bought Mathews and they have been dealing with several problems, draw lengths comming too long, string breaking, serving seperation, grip falling off, consistant left tears ect.. while as others that I know who have owned Mathews have never had a problem.

My point is that you can't label a bow company by a very few isolated incidents, if this were the case, every single bow company must be on your bad list!
Old 03-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Although I have never owned a Bowtech I have had four different cracked limbs (to be fair one was splintered on the side, mostly a cosmetic issue) from three different manufacturers, so it does happen. None of the bows were abused and none had ultra light arrows shot from them. In fact the arrows that were used in these bows were heavier than most people use here (amost 500 grains).
Old 03-23-2005, 11:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buckmagnet, sorry ot hear of your misfortune. Your new limbs will sport the new logo, so your bow will LOOK newere (hey just looking ofr the bright side here!)

My new limbs seem to be much more foregiving tuning wise than my last two, so who knows? t could turn into a good thing 4ya (it has for me so-far).

BUT to say that the 04 bowtech limb issues were FEW would be a huge understatement IMHO. Start a thread on the hunting message board asking about 04 bowtech limb failures and I'm sure more than an isolated few would pop up.

I'm hoping the limb supplier had a bad run in 04 and that my newer 05 limbs are of a better design or material quality. I would like to think my new limbs are to be the ones to last the life of this bow.

This is why I will only buy a bow w/ a lifetime warranty.

Now about that cracked riser and having warranty issues??? WTF???
I'd be Peo'd too.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:27 AM

Matt,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,, what about that recent cable issue on your Old Glory[][>:][:-] LOL
Old 03-24-2005, 12:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

what about that recent cable issue on your Old Glory
Russ.

You know some people should never be given a sharp object to play with

As for the cracked limb nothing to worry about it will be put right with no questions asked.

Quick Reply: No Fluke this time...... CRACKED LIMB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.