Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Stabilzers

Old 03-22-2005, 01:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default Stabilzers

I'm thinking about going with a stabilizer, i have never used one before ,do they really work as far as accuracy, do they balance out your bow like they claim, seems as though i may need one ,i'm using a cobra sidewinder with a level bubble and it would seem as though a good stabilzer would find and level the bubble much quicker. looking for about a 7 oz'er maybe a little more,,any suggestions?
Old 03-22-2005, 05:44 AM

Default RE: Stabilzers

www.stealtharchery.com, they're sweet.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Doinker makes a great product. Stabilizers will help hold better especially on the new lighter bows out there. They also reduce vibration and noise very well. I use a 10 inch Doinker Multi-rod, and it works great.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll second the Stealth ,I've had a few of them now and they're the a great stabilizer .

nubo
Old 03-22-2005, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think back when stabilizers first came out they were intended more to add weight to the front of the bow rather than vibration reduction, which is their main focus now. I see way too many people getting a longer stabilizer just because it looks cooler not realizing that all the weight they are adding to the front of the bow will pull it forward alot quicker and set it off balance more than normal. I agree that doinker makes good vibration reducing stabilizers as well as those companies that offer liquid filled models. Just be carefull you don't get one that weighs so much that it sets your bow way off balance. Chances are if you hold your bow out in front of you it will already fall forward after the shot so remember that the more weight you add to the front the more it will want to fall forward.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Experiment with stabilizers that rigidly attach to your bow. This will result in a very steady bow hand and sight picture.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the great info. on stabilizers.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't use one on my current hunting setup, but I've tried some and they do in fact reduce noise/vibration, and you'll really notice how much more steady your sight picture is with one.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

Sniper151,
You brought up a very good point,a stabilizer that is mounted solid to the bow (ridgid) will do much more as far as steadying the bow and making it aim better at fulldraw!
A stabilizer with some weight to it is very much at home on todays lightweight hunting bows!
When you put a stabilizer on your bow that not only "ENHANCES" the accuracy........but helps to make your bow "QUIET"........your getting the benifit of what todays well designed "Top of the line" stabilizer can do!!!!!
I have experimented with many different designs over the years and have come up with pretty much the same results as the folks at Spott-hog! They posted their results in newsletter #20 on their site www.spot-hogg.com and its VERY good reading for anyone thats interested.
You can go to an extreme and design a stabilizer for competition such as they have or you can hit a happy medium in a hunting stabilizer such as the Stealth which is weighted 60/40,putting the majority of the weight out front to make the bow "Aim" better along with a design that makes the bow "Quiet"!
Isnt that what we as bowhunters want?????

www.stealtharchery.com
Old 03-22-2005, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

oops!

Quick Reply: Stabilzers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.