Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

A/C/C's or Carbons?

Old 03-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A/C/C's or Carbons?

I'm shooting about 65 lbs @ 28" with a 100 grain broadhead.
Justin, with the configuration shown above a good arrow would be the Easton A/C/C Carbon Metal 3-60.
Like Matt/PA said this arrow with the Blazer vanes or new 2.25" NAP QS vanes @ 28" will weigh about 405 grains (this is with a 100 grain broadhead). With a draw weight of 65# and an arrow weighing 405 grains, you'll get about 265 ft/sec at the bow, a KE of about 63 ft/lb and this arrow will maintain quite good KE and speed all the way thru to 70 yards, having about 50 ft.lb and 235 ft/sec at that distance.
At 70 yards, this arrowing hitting the vitals of most North American big game animals will get the job done.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I forgot to mention that with a Draw weight of 65# the A/C/C 3-60 @ 28" will be a tad over-spined (which is good--better over, than under-spined)--but bouncing up your DW to 68 # will get you dead on the mark.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

This year I bought a dozen ACCs and couldn't be happier. I know every arrow is straight and spined correctly and thanks to the numbering codes I can be sure that when I need more I get some that should shoot exactly the same as my current arrows.
Can you elaborate on the numbering codes? Don't all arows have some type of numbering code to identify spine? Just curious.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Can you elaborate on the numbering codes? Don't all arows have some type of numbering code to identify spine? Just curious
Yes, but the ACCs have a second number after the spine code to identify a "batch" number. All of the arrows are tested for consistency at Easton and hand matched into these batches. So if you order ACCs in the same spine with the same batch number 10 years from now you can be sure they will shoot the same as the ones you buy today. This was actually the selling point for me getting them.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Couagr Mag, there are some ulternatives for you guys that like a heavier arrow for hunting. There are the Beman Metal Matrix and the ACA made by Blackhawk. I can't attest to their quality but just stating the weight.

Justin, soryy if I offended you in any way. I was just trying to be a little precise. I do not know your experience level. Apparently you've been around a while. Sorry.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know the Black Hawk Pro Series 4000 Carbon C4000 works really good on my Allegiance, but I'm set @ 55# (and not 65# as is Justin's Bow) with a 27.25" DL.
Also the A/C/C 3-39's is another good arrow.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BGfisher
Justin, soryy if I offended you in any way. I was just trying to be a little precise. I do not know your experience level. Apparently you've been around a while. Sorry.
No offense taken, I appreciate your reply. I just wanted to make sure I was making myself clear as to what I was really looking for.

At this point I think I'm going to be picking up a set of Easton a/c/c's and put some NAP QuikSpins on them and see how things go.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Justin, let us know what size ACC's you decide on please.

You guys are making me nearly buy some ACC's. I am thinking 3/49 or 3/60 myself. I am at 65 lbs. and going after elk this season. I would really like to try the new A/C Slims, because of the heavier weights but cannot find any yet.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:15 PM

I just bought 12 of the A/C/C Superlites yesterday. I would not buy the A/C Slims. I have heard that they use the HIT system just like the Axis arrows. I have not had any experiance with the HIT system, but I have heard several bad comments.

ACLakey sent me 4 of the A/C/C Superlites. Each one of them killed an animal- a black bear, 2 whitetail deer, and an elk. One of the arrows was cracked. He said he practiced with them a lot, so that's probably how it was cracked. I fletched them up and shot them for months. I took them deer hunting. I just recently sent them back to him so he could give them to a kid that is going elk hunting.

Although they are more expensive than other carbon arrows, they keep their spine and last longer.

Just my 140,000 cents. Wait, that is enough to buy a dozen A/C/C arrows, hint, hint.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sniper151. This question is a little off topic, but you mentioned the Easton SuperLites. I use these (2314s), but have never been able to find seperate info in their website about Super Lites or Ultra Lites (like weight). Do you know where that info is? Thx!

Quick Reply: A/C/C's or Carbons?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.