Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

STS system anyone?

Old 03-24-2005, 03:15 PM

Default RE: STS system anyone?

I ordered mine this morning, I must have talked with Joe for an hour him and his wife are real nice people.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here is a picture of the STS mounted correctly........quite different from the first place I had it mounted.
Get the stopper as close to the center of the string as the mounting block and rod will allow.

Old 03-24-2005, 09:54 PM

btw, that sure is one nice lookin' bow.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just talked to him yesterday and he seems like a really nice guy. I plan on ordering one next week. Hope it's as good as everything I've read.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

I just now opened this thread.[&:] Is the rod threaded or unthreaded? Reason I ask is my Martin Cougar Magnum's hole on the backside of the riser(opposite the stabilizer) is unthreaded. One more question......the stopper does not move right, in other words the string hits the stopper and stops, but doesn't slide?

If this works as well as you guys say, well, lets say its very interesting. Might make that Bowtech Black Knight more shootable!
Old 03-25-2005, 11:30 AM

Looks to me like the ideal spot to mount something like this would be directly above your grip. Manufactures could machine in a hole just for this purpose
Old 03-25-2005, 01:13 PM

Below the grip with the bar raised up towards the center of the string under the arrow has been the best place through all of our experimentation to mount the STS. Above the grip, tends to be an eye-sore, and tends to change the tune and impact of the arrow. Also, with it being below the center of the handle, it stops the string from coming forward and slapping jackets, arms, etc....better than if it was mounted above the handle.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:25 AM

i remember seeing somewhere how to quiet the dz arm and now that that is all i hear at all i'm going to find it. i like it.
I saved it to my favorite places!

http://www.deerslayer.freewebspace.com/dropzone.html
Old 03-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine came today. I know I was at least a little sceptical because I had tried the Saunders "Deadly Quiet" and did not like the "whap" sound I got when the string hit the unit. The STS is much better. Definitely cuts the vibes out. I'll get to shoot it a little more next week to see about the other claims.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

How long does the rubber on the stopper last? And this works with the hole in front of the bow, too, right?

Quick Reply: STS system anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.