Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

STS system anyone?

Old 03-21-2005, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: STS system anyone?

I have been intrigued w/ all the post over on AT regarding the STS... wondering if it was a gimmick or???..

I too was thinking that I could easily make my own... and just might w/ all these positive posts.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Matt/PA, thanks for the information. That gives me something to chew on.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:40 PM

The rear mount weighs 3 oz. and the front mount weighs around 5 oz.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn, my girlfriend and wallet are going to start to hate this site. I will probably get one of these soon.....I will post pics and reviews when I do.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

This has really peeked my interest lately. I like the idea behind getting rid of any silencers on my string since they are blowing off my Allegiance so quick.

I think the reason you are seeing increased arrow speeds is the fact that you are ditching a lot of string weight. The Sims String Leeches alone weigh approx. 36 grains each if I remember my buddies scale correctly.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

It seems somewhat ironic that many guys (on the other sites) who have written about the STS are using them on bows that most have described as very low (or no) recoil, vibe, and noise bows, yet they say the STS makes a big difference. Kinda confusiing.
Jeff,

Though Matt did a pretty good job of explaining this I thought I might throw my two cents in as well. I think we all have perceptions of just how much our bow generates vibration, noise, recoil, etc.. It isn't until we try a more efficient design or a device that significantly changes those levels that we notice a difference. Take that Hoyt Havoc Redline as a case in point. When I first had that bow I thought it exhibited very low levels of recoil and vibration compared to anything I had owned/shot prior to that. However, when you gave me the chance to shoot it again last year next to my Mighty Mite the difference was like night and day. The Mighty Mite definitely had a smoother shot feel.

My Old Glory is very low in recoil and vibration compared to anything I have shot before but my imitation of the STS system takes it to another level. I think I am going to order some for the shop. If anyone actually gives one a chance on their bow I cannot think of a reason that they would not buy it.....at least at this point.

I think the reason you are seeing increased arrow speeds is the fact that you are ditching a lot of string weight. The Sims String Leeches alone weigh approx. 36 grains each if I remember my buddies scale correctly.
MM,

I think this is probably the case with many of the setups though with the lighter arrow on my setup it still gained 2-3 fps without any changes whatsoever to the load of accessories on the string.

STSman,

Is there an optimal place to have the stopper positioned in relation to the length of the string..ie, closer to the nocking point as opposed to closer to the axle?
Old 03-22-2005, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Frank,
Joe emailed me to let me know that I do NOT have it mounted in the best spot.....He said for me to take the mounting block and turn it upwards so that the stopper is closer to the center of the string.

I didn't have any clue where to put it when I got it..........

I will take his advice and see if there is even more of a difference.[:-]
Old 03-22-2005, 07:56 PM

to pabowhunter, the closer to the center of the bowstring, the better the results you will see, if you have any other Q, I will be happy to help,
JOE,
Old 03-22-2005, 08:17 PM

Will the system work on my phoenix 34 and how much does it cost?
Old 03-23-2005, 06:46 AM

i made a BAD BOO-BOO. it is joe and BRIGITTE, not joe and brenda. whoops.

Quick Reply: STS system anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.