Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

STS system anyone?

Old 03-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: STS system anyone?

The STS looks like something I might try on the patriot,only thing is I havent seen anyone post the addy for the web site for more info and pics.Anyone care to help out an anxious person in need
I checked out archerytalks forum that PABowhntr left for us to read and seen one pic on a mathews,but no addy
Old 03-21-2005, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to say my interest is peaked but I could also use the addy
Old 03-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff,
The product is a good one, and the people associated seem like very nice folks...but I do think some are getting a LITTLE carried away with the claims of performance and feel. There are a bunch of people jumping behind it with really BIG claims of performance, some are friends of the manufacturer, others are some sort of staff, so you do need to weed through the "over the top" stuff.
To say that a bow like the Allegiance with and without the STS is night and day is simply not true. It DOES make a difference, but that difference in feel is going to be proportional to how bad the vibration was to begin with. But there is no doubt it works.
I could absolutely feel a difference with my Old Glory in vibration as I am not using ANY sort of string silencers, so it soaks up that string occilation nicely and the cooresponding snap in the shot.

I don't hear any "slap" coming from the string hitting the unit either.

My interest with it was #1 If it creates more accuracy by in effect getting the arrow away cleaner and quicker.......I'm all for that.
and #2 cut down on the string vibe I was getting due to my string being bare of silencers.

It has done #2 for sure, and I really believe it has helped #1 a bit as well.

Think of it this way.....as an arrow drives through brace, the string is going with it for a few inches, and this is probably the time when we're going to screw up a shot........toward the end of the shot by dropping your arm, grip etc. If it is getting the arrow off closer to brace, it HAS to make the shot cleaner, and could actually make your bow inherently more forgiving. Technically the powerstroke ends at brace, but if a bow has the string driving 3" beyond that's another 3" that we can influence the shot before the arrow clears.

I like the product, and will continue to use it. It does just what I expected it would, and maybe what I HOPED it would.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where do you buy this thing and how much does it cost?
Old 03-21-2005, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rick.....I see "STSman" (Joe Goade) just registered, welcome Joe!
I'm sure he'll give you any info you need behind te scenes on ordering.

I just snapped a couple of pictures for you guys so you can see what the unit looks like mounted.
I honestly think any bow would benefit from this product.

Here are the pics:

Old 03-21-2005, 03:12 PM

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=161147 has more pics and lots of info.

you order by calling them, 1-731-286-6889, the website isn't up yet. they are very nice to talk to.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:25 PM

Hey guys / gals,
This is Joe (the STSman) and I'm glad to see all the discussions and questions on my STS system. I will be very happy to answer any and all questions as fast as I can. The phone number has already been posted or you can PM me through here.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

I have also been following the STS threads on another forum and have not read a single negative review from the users of this product. I requested info from STSman and I was e-mailed a phone number. I have no doubt the product works, but I would like to know the price so I can think it over. No price has been given on the threads I have seen. Is there any reason a price can't be posted on this or any other thread? Thank you.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

C-Woods,
STSMan himself can't put an ad here selling it for a certain price.......but I can certainly tell you all as a consumer that I paid $39.99 plus $3.45 Priority shipping.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt:

Thanks for the detailed response. It is good to hear the praise for this system from someone I trust and respect. Some of the guys on AT were a little suspicious, with their low # of posts and most relating only to this product. If you say it is good, I know it is. Thanks again.

Wow, imagine what it might do for a DARTON!

Quick Reply: STS system anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.