Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone test tolerances of GT Pro 22's? Thoughts on 3D Arrows for bowhunter class?

Old 03-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone test tolerances of GT Pro 22's? Thoughts on 3D Arrows for bowhunter class?

Well I am thinking of getting a wider diameter arrow to compete with this summer. A lot of the local guys like the pro series 22's. Anyone know how accurate their tolerance claims are on weight and straitness? How about spine tolerances on these?

I have been shooting a lot of spots indoor lately and can't even count the number of extra 10's I would have had each session with a wider shaft, so I think I will be changing things up for 3D's.

Any other suggestions on shafts that are wider in the same price range that will allow me to use inserts/4" vanes for bowhunter class? I will be shooting a 27 1/2" arrow @ 72lbs @ 29" draw length.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone test tolerances of GT Pro 22's? Thoughts on 3D Arrows for bowhunter class?

You can check all the specs on all the arrows at www.goldtip.com.

If you are looking for a really BIG arrow then take a look at their new 30 X. This one is 26/64".

Me, I shoot light weight so can't handle the gr/inch for 3D, but most likely I'll take a serious look at the X-Cutter Pro's. Probably end up the 22 Series Pro's for hunting.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:47 PM

Default RE: Anyone test tolerances of GT Pro 22's? Thoughts on 3D Arrows for bowhunter class?

Rick I shoot the Seriess 22 Ultralight Pro's both for 3-D and hunting, my setup is a Bowtech BlackKnight 29" 62 lbs, the arrow is 29" with nock adapters and an 85 gr point for a total weight of approx 350 gr. Chrono speed is 289 fps. The shaft is a very stiff shaft and I am definately at the top of what I would want for spine but it tunes well and drives tacks for accuracy. As far as hunting goes last season was my first shooting this arrow, I managed to take a coyote and a nice buck but dont count on reusing the arrows like you would a thick walled shafted arrow. The coyote arrow broke after a pass though, another arrow I had shot at a fox and missed broke when entering the ground I realize this is a small sample but I dont think they are the most durable hunting arrow. As an all around arrow they are pretty good, as a 3D shaft I love them. Maybe we will hear from others. This is the buck I took with a Series 22 and a 85 gr Stinger.