Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BowTech Quick-Fit Hush Kit!

Old 03-19-2005, 08:26 PM

Default BowTech Quick-Fit Hush Kit!

Well guys, today I got my BowTech Quick Fit Hush Kit in the mail!

The new Vibra-blocks are a great idea! You wrap it around the limb and then slide snap tack through a hole in the other side and it is perfectly secured to the bow! These new Vibra-blocks are very "different" looking and they really make this bow "stand out". Aside from standing out, these new Vibra-blocks work very well! They have a total of 14 different arms to soak up vibration!

The "quick-fit" sting silencers are a great idea for the guy who can't make it to his pro-shop whenever his string silencers need replaced! They are pretty much your standard BowTech string silencer with a slice down the center. Simply slide it over the string and tie it on! I elected to tie mine on with 8# Berkley Fire-line smoke (fishing line) as this is very durable, is a little thicker than serving material, and I believe it won't "dig" into the rubber as much as string serving would!

You also get another cable rod dampener which is the same as the one that came from the factory. I simply added this one behind my cable slide making sure it didn't affect the travel of the cable slide!

I had been using simply 2 Simm string leechs in the string, none in the cables, and a Simms Limbsaver Ultra on each limb! After taking the string leechs out and adding the new hush kit, I was able to notice a large drop off in string noise! The bow itself was already incredibly quiet, but there was some noise in the string and cable after the shot, which was removed by the hush kit!

I have probablly 50 shots on it now and will keep you guys updated to how long it holds up!
Old 03-19-2005, 09:09 PM

Default RE: BowTech Quick-Fit Hush Kit!

Sounds like a great addition to a great accessory line up!
Old 03-19-2005, 09:17 PM

It definetly is a great addition WWAG!

Hey WWAG, I have a question, have you ever owned/used a Stealth stabilizer. If so, how does it compare to the Wild-Thing! I was thinking about getting my g-friend a 4" Stealth for her new Miranda, but I might get her a "Wild-Thing"!
Old 03-20-2005, 04:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was thinking about getting my g-friend a 4" Stealth for her new Miranda, but I might get her a "Wild-Thing"!
Jason, me thinks she already has a wild thing with you.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:58 AM

Jason how much did you pay for the quick fit hush kit? I'm very interested in it, depending on ow long it holds up, especially the string silencers.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jason, I just got the tie on string silencers as well. When my factory installed ones wear out I'll put them on. You'll have to let us know how the vibra blocks work compared to the factory installed ones.

BTW, on a side note I notice you always end your sentences with an exclamation point. Is your period key broken or are you just all hopped up on caffeine?