Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mighty Mite or Justice

Old 03-19-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Mighty Mite or Justice

I am gettiing ready to buy a new bow and have been looking at the Mighty Mite. I would like to know if anyone has some comparison information on the MM to the Justice. I only have a 28.5" draw so I like that the MM has a higher IBO speed rating, but I also kind of like the increased brace height of the Justice for forgiveness.
Thanks.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:09 AM

Default RE: Mighty Mite or Justice

I believe both bows share have the same riser, and the difference is mostly in the cam design. I shot both and this is my take:

The MM is faster. I think maybe 10-15 fps.

The Justice is a smoother draw cycle, and the bow has very little vibration/hand shock. It is also very quiet right out of the box.

In the end, I chose the Justice. IMO the choice comes down to speed vs smooth/quiet.

I'm almost afraid to shoot a Defender...if I found out I could have the speed of the MM and the smoothness of the Justice...better not.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:44 PM

What about the tuning on the Equalizer system bows, I have always stayed away from the two cam bows because of the tuning issues normally associated with them. I can do allthe work on my '02 Patriot myself but have no experience with duallys and the sort.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

What about the tuning on the Equalizer system bows
The hardest part of tuning a Equalizer system is tuning the rest.

Just keep an eye on the marks BT put on the cams if they go out of wack then a simple twist of the string or cables will put it back. My Allegiance with about 700 shots through it the marks are still spot on.

I have always stayed away from the two cam bows because of the tuning issues normally associated with them.
With todays string material there is hardly any tuning needed after the string has been shot in unlike in days gone by where the sting and cables would consistantly stretch.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:53 PM

My experience is almost exactly the same as MA8191

I bought the Justice and don't regret it. It's not the fastest bow on earth, but it is very smooth. It is my hunting bow so I don't shoot is as much as my other bows, but every time I do shoot it, I'm impressed at how much smoother it is.

The only problem I've had with the Justice that the MM will share is the peep. If I set it up so that my anchor is low on my face, there are no peeps available with a large enough hole to see the ring on my sight. The sharp angle of the string moves the peep too far from my eye.

Hope this helps
Allen
Old 03-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly I would get the Justice unless you really want to have speed and plan to be in the 3D very competitively. I have an 04 Patriot with the same cam as the Mighty Mite, and it is pretty picky on my form compared to bows I have had in the past. With the shorter ata on the mighty mite, I would bet is is even more picky than the Patriot. Don't get me wrong, the patriot is dead nuts accurate but a little issue w/ hand torque, or back tension and your arrow isn't even coming close to where it should. Unless you have better than average form, on a short ATA like those you mentioned I would give a little speed for smoothness and brace height.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:56 PM

Rick J,

I shoot an '02 Patriot now, I've never felt that if my form wasn't perfect, the shot was bad. Usually if I blow a shot it is because I really blow it ie: punching the trigger.

I did have some problems with torque, but that was because of the broom stick they used as an excuse for a grip on the '02 bows. I was shooting off the riser for a while and finally bit the bullet and bought a Loesch grip. I wish I had saved my money on the grip and kept shooting off the riser, but for $70 I'm darn well going to shoot it.

My hunting partner has a MM and it can be picky about form when shooting it, but dang is it fast and light too, not like carrying that sack of spuds Patriot all day.

I was hoping there were some guys out there shooting the Defender that could give some insight into that modelafter reading MA819's post.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Between the Justice and the MM, for hunting, I would probably choose the Justice. My reasoning is simple. Though the MM is about 15 fps faster, what does that actually get you? A change in trajectory? How much? an inch...maybe two...at 30 or 40 yards? On the other hand, 15 fps might gain some KE for you...but then again, you may not necessarily need it.

The reason I am approaching this argument from this angle is because I hunted with the MM last year and was entirely pleased with its performance. However, I will relate that when I was drawing back on my buck from last season the one thought going through my mind was....

..." I wish I had a smoother draw cycle....". The Justice provides that on essentially the same platform.

As for a comparison between the Justice and Defender.....well, the Defender is a bit easier to tune. It is more tolerant of spine variances and the level nock travel probably also adds to the bow's level of forgiveness. But, once again, if I may relate an incident that happened over the weekend.....

A customer walked into the shop with the thoughts of buying a Bowtech. After narrowing it down to the Defender and the Justice he ended up walking out with a Justice in his hands. The reason?....the smooth draw cycle. He thought it felt better for him especially considering the fact that he recently had shoulder surgery.

Choose what you like but make sure you choose it for the right reasons.

As for tuning issues with the Equalizer cam system, keep in mind that it is not a traditional dual cam. The fact that both cables attach back to the opposing cams make it one step better. Cam synchronization is not an issue, from my experience so far, with this cam design. However, timing will always be an issue no matter what the cam design. How much timing is an issue with this cam design has yet to be determined at least from my perspective.

The reason I say that is because the cams on my Old Glory have rotated out of the timing marks...slightly. I would guess somewhere between 1/8th to 1/4 of an inch at this point. I have noticed no change in speed or the accuracy level because of it. The amount of timing change on both cams is identical thus giving more credit to the original suggested benefit of the design itself.

Just something to consider.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:34 PM

So would you say that the draw cycle on the equalizer system is more like that of their dually's versus the single cams? My one complaint about the single cams was that I felt the valley was very short, if I come down off the wall even a slight amount the bow would try to pre-release. Hard on the shoulder and usually resulted in a lost arrow. I eliminated the problem by shooting a bit shorter draw length, I'm actually a 28.5 and have to shoot a 28 instead of going up to a 29.

Thanks to every one for the good information.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

WA,

I don't know if I would necessarily say that. I think the best way to describe it in my experience is that the front half of the draw cycle feels very similar to their dual cams while the back half of it feels similar to the Freedom single cam. The valley is comfortable...better than the dual cam valleys and I would say about equivalent to the valley of the Freedom cam....at the 80% letoff setting.

Quick Reply: Mighty Mite or Justice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.