Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trophy Takers users check this out

Old 03-17-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Trophy Takers users check this out

The trophy taker is a very solid rest, but one of the things I've never cared for is the fact that there is not an easy way to time the drop of the rest. I've come up with a solution that seems to be working very well. I've been shooting it for the last couple months with zero problems.

It's just a threaded plastic sleeve with a set screw that fits the threads. I drilled a hole through the sleeve the diameter of the rope that goes to the rest. Thread the rope through the hole you drilled and presto, you can adjust the timing to your hearts content very easily. And it doesn't move unless you move it. It works equally well on the backside of the cable slide if you prefer to use it there, or on the backside of the tab on the rest.

Old 03-17-2005, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trophy Takers users check this out

Cool idea, Thanks for sharing. I too have found an easy way. I put the bow in the press and releive the cable tension. I put a piece of release rope into the middle of the cable. I then put the pressure back on and serve above and below the release rope criss crossing at the rope. With one end I thread it through the hole in the trophy taker arm and then melt a bead so the rope will not pull back through, The timing I can adjust by pulling the relase rope back and forth through the cable until the timing is set correct. With the timing set properly I then cut and burn the end of the rope back until it is at the serving material surrounding the release rop. The last thing I do is put a drop of super glue on the bead that is on the launcher arm and pull tight to keep the rope in place. I have never had it slip or come loose. I shoot ALOT and this method works also.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

I just tie a D loop knot on the cable w/ a 10 knot serving nock above it... slide it up and down the cable to achieve proper timing.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a cool idea Hotlz. I thought about doing something similar to that at one point, but am contemplating a different rest at the moment. Its the noise that bothers me most!
Old 03-17-2005, 08:49 PM

Muzzy, I hear you on the noise. It's not the quietest rest out there, that's for sure. I only use a TT on my spot bow. On my 3D/hunting rig I have a APA Twister Safari. A very nice rest in it's own regard, and quiet too.

Kbacon, anything that you can move like that to adjust the timing, I do not trust. I've learned the hard way on that one.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:55 PM

HotLZ,, hey that is a good idea, it looks like it would work well. I was wondering what model Bowtech you have in the picture?? I just bought a Pro40 Wheely form a guy in Fargo in the same color as the one you have in the picture.[:-]
Old 03-17-2005, 09:16 PM
Typical Buck

Kbacon, anything that you can move like that to adjust the timing, I do not trust. I've learned the hard way on that one.
HotLZ... the serving nock holds the D loop knot in place very well. It doesn't slide up the string unless you physically move it up/down the cable.. and it takes some force to do so. This is how I install all drop aways and it works very well.

Its the noise that bothers me most!
Try installing a piece of the simms grip strip where the rest hits the shelf... it takes alot of noise out of most drop aways.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:17 PM

That would be me. I hope you like the bow. I had a lot of 300's with it.

It's a constitution.

Rod
Old 03-18-2005, 10:08 AM

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

That is a cool idea Hotlz. I thought about doing something similar to that at one point, but am contemplating a different rest at the moment. Its the noise that bothers me most!
The MZE is about silent
Old 03-18-2005, 06:54 PM

HotLZ , wow thats quite a coincidence, I just wondered if it might have been you I bought the bow from. Yes I love it, and it shoots great and is super smooth, I ve already been offered my money back. I set it up with a Golden Key 3-d rover, a Tox Naildriver with a 6 power Super-D scope, and an Easton 32 inch stabilizer. After tuning it and getting it all set, I shot my first 300 with it yesterday, 49X, so I was pretty tickled having only shot it for a few days. Im very happy with it.