Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ST AXIS Arrows by Easton!!

Old 03-17-2005, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default ST AXIS Arrows by Easton!!

I am getting ready to buy a dozen of these arrows I think. I have been shooting Gold Tip Pro Hunters 55/75's. Great arrow but I only purchased 3 to try them out. I liked them but they are so expensive. I really like the looks of the ST Axis and it is a good quality arrow from what I have heard. I will be using these to hunt with so the fact that they are not quite as straight as the gold tip's is not as critical as it would be if i were target shooting. Do ya'll agree or disagree and any info about the ST Axis would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-17-2005, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ST AXIS Arrows by Easton!!

Personally, I went from shooting the Axis back to Gold Tips. The Axis seems to and reportedly loses its spine after a while of shooting them. I noticed that my groups gradually opened up over time with them. This seems to be the norm for the C2 constructed carbons from easton.

I'm surprised to see you say that the GT's are expensive when compared to the Axis. In my area, the Axis run about 70 a dozen and the GT Xt hunters run about 55-60.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

The GT pro hunter is what I tried and liked and they were around 110 per dozen comared to 70 a dozen for the Axis.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ahh, guess I need to read more carefully

Here is my opinion then. I would actually go with the XT hunters over the Axis. Straighter and more consistant weight, not to mention cheaper than the Axis. I have yet to see a real advantage to the Axis over conventional carbons.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Muzzyman I will definately take a look at the GT xt's.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I cannot say for sure if there is any spine degradation, but the ST AXIS IME def lose their straightness (if they even had it to begin with). As MM said...inherent flaw of the C2 process.

... it's obvious you spent quite a bit of money on your Switchback...why go cheap on arrows? IME, most people would be better off shooting a cheaper bow with the best arrows rather than the opposite.

Check out the CarbonTechs or go with the GT Hunter Pros or A/C/Cs. Come hunting season shooting broadheads you'll be much happier.