Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Problem w/ Arrows

Old 09-12-2002, 01:18 PM

Default Problem w/ Arrows

Was wondering what you guys think. I shoot a Legacy w/ 71# 28.5 draw length and have shot about every carbon arrow out there with good results. I finally stepped up to the Easton ACC 360 and bt a dozen right up front. I can't get them to shoot near as well as my Carbon Impacts and I'm getting a high left tear with them while my others are shooting bullet holes. The only thing I can think is that I bought the wrong spine, and should have bt. the 349's. The Easton chart shows me at the border line between the 349 and 360 but normally the heavier spines shoot my broadheads a little better. My arrow length is 28.5 and I shoot 100gr broadheads. Thanks.
Old 09-12-2002, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Problem w/ Arrows

Well I'm assuming you've eliminated EVERY other variable, and actually tried to tune them? Did you just shoot them, or did you try to tune them to the bow after you got the "poor" tear?

I had a Legacy with the 28.5 " cam...3-60's were too stiff in my case, and CX 300's were borderline too stiff...I ended up shooting 3-49's in it ,and they flew like bullets...

To see if spine is the case you could do a couple of things w/ the 3-60's....

1) try shooting 125 grain tips to weaken spine..
2) lighten spring tension
3) Use feathers on the back to weaken spine
4) use a combination of the above

I shot 3-60's out of my Q2 at 76 Lbs with 125 grain points and vanes and they were still a bit stiff..but they shot well, and I don't pay too much attention to slightly off tears...I'm ot perfect and I make mistakes...In addition I like a slight high left tear (for a righty) to give the arrow some "direction" and keep it from knuckleballing.

A nocking loop will generally require a softer spined arrow than releasing directly off the string. Up to 70 Lbs on most bows with an arrow in the 27 to 29" range a 3-49 will do most of the time...especially with a loop, and vanes on the back end of em.

Old 09-12-2002, 02:22 PM
nub

My 3-60 ACCs are 27" at 70lbs of draw weight. But I'm shooting 125 gr. Muzzy 3 blades with 3-4inch feathers. I'm also shooting off a MZE. Mine fly great, best scores with BHs I've ever shot. At 28.5" you should be able to get them flying good. Your spine should be fine. High and left tears would show weak spine for a release shooter. Least ways that what Easton says. I'd start by tuning your bow for the ACCs. Drop your nock point a little at a time and see if it clears up the high tear. If your left portion isn't too bad I'd move on to group tuning. Do some fine tuning and perhaps you won't have to buy new BHs.
Old 09-13-2002, 08:04 AM

Thanks. I appreciate the info as these are $$$ arrows and I want to use them.