Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ok, i did it....

Old 03-16-2005, 04:31 AM

Default ok, i did it....

got tired of small right and left misses i can't account for except for not being able to get my grip exactly the same each time. it really shows up around 70 yds where my best success comes with 'palming' my bow. i did it..

TOOK MY GRIP OFF my patriot. ahhhhhhh, sweet liberation. edges i can feel.

it was getting dark and i wanted to check out my center shot (starting from lasered) so i took 2 broken robin hooded arrows and layed them against the target where i could see the fletchings at 30 yds. i had the tips on the ground going up vertically so the fletchings were towards the top of the target. i proceeded to split one of the broken shafts 3 times in a row from 30 with my 20 yd pin after i figured out a non-torquing, easily repeatable grip with my new found edges. wish i had taken the grip off a long time ago. i used to shoot my black knight off the riser and loved it, don't know why i dilly dallied so long on this. but THANKS blodg and bowtech shooter for putting the thought back in my head.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:59 AM

Default RE: ok, i did it....

Congrats on finding your solution I REALLY wish BowTech would go to sideplates on their bows,, easily customized and probably cheaper to produce
Old 03-16-2005, 01:34 PM

I dont have a handle on my blackhawk either, im shootin good too
Old 03-16-2005, 01:40 PM

gibblet, glad you like the new feel. I agree with your "edges I can feel" statement, that sums it up pretty well. I didn't care for the feel of the stock BowTech grip and I can't even imagine shooting off a Mathews or other contoured grip!!! To each his own but most target shooters looking for accuracy shoot a slim, more squared grip.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

Just a quick question.

How in the world do you get the grip off?!

Without gouging up the riser, I can't even get a screwdriver under the thing.

Nevermind.......I figured it out. I just needed a much.....much smaller screwdriver.

The riser feels much better than the original grip, but the increase in draw length (~ 1/8") makes me feel a bit less steady.

I may try to put just the back edge of the grip back on, without the sides and see how that feels.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:10 PM

don't gasp when i tell you, but i got it off with a chisel i banged on with some pliers. you can see 1 place on each side where the chisel scratched off some paint and barely made a scratch. that's what they make magic markers for.