Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Chrushed Disc, any experience?

Old 03-11-2005, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Chrushed Disc, any experience?

I'm having it mounted because it just may be the last bull I arrow.
I doubt it , you'll be back shooting again . Keep praying and have those around you pray . It works . Do what the doctor tells you to . He told me not to lift anything over 10 pounds for 6 weeks . That was extremely hard for me , be a strong guy . The looks people would give when you wouldn't lift a hand to help them , is a vivid memory for me . But you have to not do it . Alin your in my prayers .
Old 03-11-2005, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alan, you're young yet. I had my first surgery in 1990 when I was 43 years old. The second one (for two discs) was in 2000 when I was 53. I'm soon to be 58 now and my neck is the least of my problems at the present time. Now it's my lower back from a work injury some 33 years ago. I guess it's soon going to be time for the old MRI.

As before, follow the Dr's orders. You may lose one season, but you'll be back at it and better than ever if you listen. The other option of not listening is not worth the risk.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:02 PM

I would suggest you follow the doctors orders and get yourself well. I had surgery in March 2003 for a lower disc problem. I just had another surgery on Feb 4th and had 6 titanium screws put in my lower back. I haven't worked since June of last year. Dude, it ain't worth it. Use your head and not your heart. I'm 55 and sit here wondering where all this will go. Take care of yourself. Mine is from too much grouse hunting climbing those freakin mountains, many years of residential carpentry and working in a meat dept. Be safe.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:29 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Alanin, i'll give you a week to feel sorry fore your self thats it. I've had both hips replaced, triple by pass and a few other operations and i still hunt not as good as i did a few years ago but i still try. I'll be 62 in april and im looking forward to next falls hunting season and i mite try this spring for turkey.If you cant use your bow ( i know yow mite not want to read this, but hunting with a crossbow will still keep you out in the woods. )Good Luck Rich