Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

targets

Old 03-06-2005, 07:29 PM

Default targets

What is the best target for all around use? I do most of my shooting with field points, the only time I shoot broadheads is to get ready for season.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: targets

IMO if you do 99% of your practice shooting with field points a good Morrell bag target for shooting spots and a Morrell Bionic Buck for hunting practice just can't be beat.
They take so many shots it's unreal. When you wear out the cover you just replace and repack.
That and super easy arrow removal make practice a joy rather than a back wrenching experience.

I also keep a small portable block target just for tuning broadheads.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Typical Buck

I use the Rinehart broadhead cube for 99% of my shooting. It lasts much longer than the block, and takes field tips and broadheads equally. Arrow removal is also very easy.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:20 AM

several of us make our own targets. a frame wrapped with chicken wire and stuffed with old clothes and blankets and stuff makes a great field pt target. i have tin for a roof on it and cover the shooting face with burlap and either draw dots on it, or wallyworld has burlap with deer prints on them.

for broadheads someone on here shared their target design and i use it. who was that, they posted some good pics? bgfisher maybe. anybody remember. anyway it works great. i use carbons and just rub the end of my arrow with soap every couple rounds.

edit: nope, it was bobco. where's he been? anyway i bumped his pics up to the top for you
Old 03-07-2005, 08:32 AM

thank you that was a very nice thread on the home made targets.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Gibblet, glad to see you were able to use the design. It works quite well. It usually lasts me for about 6 months or so of broadhead only shooting.

As far as me not being around as much: I guess I have lost some interest here with some of the strong personalities that seem to rule the boards. I still check in from time to time especially on the traditional forum here and other traditional forums. There is a traditional forum out there that is heavily used whose number one rule is respect, and I'm finding it the most fun at least for now.

Anyway, I'm am very glad that someone could use the target design!