Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cam 1/2 vs. Binary

Old 03-07-2005, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cam 1/2 vs. Binary

Dairy King,

It's been a while since I've looked at an Oneida, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Oneida link from upper cam to upper timing wheel to lower timing wheel to lower cam? I definitely think www.bladerunnerarchery.com has a similar set up.

The Binary is rigged directly from cam to cam.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jmac_or

Please just go and shoot both and shoot which you like better. Both are quality systems, I shot both and bought a Bowtech. You do get more speed with the Bowtech, if that is something you look for.

JMAC
Best advice in the thread.

The major difference is going to be the draw force curve, and the increased speed of the Equalizer. The C.5 peaks a bit later in the draw cycle.

After not having shot or drawn (is that really a word?) a bow since OCT, the difference in FDCs between various bows I've recently handled is extremely noticeable to me.I was amazed how poorly the C.5s felt compared to the Mathews SB/OB and the E-cam bows. Kinda funny, as I've owned several C.5 bows in the past, and at the time I thought they were pretty d@mn smooth :shrug: go figure....
Old 03-07-2005, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

My understanding is that the major difference in the binary cam is that there is no buss cable. No cable attached to a limb while all other hybrids have cable attached to at least 1 limb.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

My understanding is that the major difference in the binary cam is that there is no buss cable. No cable attached to a limb while all other hybrids have cable attached to at least 1 limb.
I believe that would be how I would sum it up as well. Take that one cable that is attached to the bow limb on the Cam and Half style hybrids and attach it to the cam itself...then you would have the Binary Cam system....in a greatly simplified sort of explanation. I am sure there is more to it in some way with the actual geometry of the cams themselves.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

I believe that would be how I would sum it up as well. Take that one cable that is attached to the bow limb on the Cam and Half style hybrids and attach it to the cam itself...then you would have the Binary Cam system....in a greatly simplified sort of explanation. I am sure there is more to it in some way with the actual geometry of the cams themselves.

On a hybrid system I believe the cams consist of a two track and a three track eccentric where on the EBCS the cams are mirror images of each other, similar to that of a dual cam.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 500 fps

Dairy King,

It's been a while since I've looked at an Oneida, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Oneida link from upper cam to upper timing wheel to lower timing wheel to lower cam? I definitely think www.bladerunnerarchery.com has a similar set up.

The Binary is rigged directly from cam to cam.

Have never seen much less shot a bladerunner. I don't think we would be a match. Way to many parts. Would like to check one out sometime.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Ahh, I knew dual cams would retake the market again. Made up my mind if I buy another compound it will be a dual cam. Guess this means I will never shoot a Matthews?
Old 03-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are both excellent systems. I have been a long time Hoyt shooter and still reccommend them to anyone who asks. But I have to tell ya, this Equalizer system Bowtech has is pretty awesome. I just noticed the other day that the timing marks on my Allegiance moved a little from the strings and cables settling. And you know what? They moved the exact same distance on the top and bottom cam, just as advertised. I think this system is legit.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:20 PM

MM88,
did you notice any changes to the bow? sights, flight, poundage, DL, anything? Mine have not moved a bit (great strings and cables!!!) so I don't know if I will need to tweak anything.
JMAC
Old 03-07-2005, 03:54 PM

Why does picking a bow have to be so hard, I have a really big tournament to go to this weekend and i need a bow i can have ready in about a day, i know its gonna be hard to do no matter what bow i get but....i just need a bow.

BB90

Quick Reply: Cam 1/2 vs. Binary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.