Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Diamond Victory Solitaire (Performance and Overview) *pics*

Old 03-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Diamond Victory Solitaire (Performance and Overview) *pics*

FWIW,

All BowTech aquired from Diamond was the name, no parts, no designs, no machines, no liabilities, etc.
This doesn't make sense to me at all from a business stand point.[&:] Especially considering Diamond was doing alot of Bowtechs machining at one point. It's not like Diamond was big enough to even worry about buying out just to remove from competition.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

BowTech wanted to move into a new market. They couldn't do this with a pro shop only line of bows. Acquire the Diamond name, and enter that market. But this venture was not taken lightly. BowTech are very serious about making a quality bow, at an affordable price, that can be marketed in a different way. Catalog and internet sales, big retail chains that specialize in outdoor equipment. And the Diamond bows appear to be the ticket.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nubo

Matt I appoligize for changing the direction of you posting ,I personally like alot of bow's ,but the new Diamondback's do look great and sound's as though they'll have a lot of interest in the near future .It might even put a dent into the Patriot's armour ,It sound';s like a very respectable bow and definetly does have a lot of the BowTech charactoristic's that I myself might like ,I'm not sure where in Ontario a guy might find one but I'd be interestd in checking them out a little closer .
Thank's for the review

nubo

Not sure about Ontario but I held and drew one back at Cabela's in Dundee Mich. today.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:29 AM

Since it was brought up, I've been curious why Bowtech would pay for Diamond's name. Almost no one had ever heard of Diamond. They did not advertise and were not carried in many bow shops. When they were, they were not usually the line being pushed. My local dealer carried Diamonds and I doubt a single person entering that shop had ever heard of them before. Many ended up shooting them, because they were in my opinion, the best value on the market. Still, it required a sales pitch, because the company was virtually unknown to the masses. Why pay for that?
Old 03-06-2005, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

BowTech wanted to move into a new market. They couldn't do this with a pro shop only line of bows. Acquire the Diamond name, and enter that market. But this venture was not taken lightly. BowTech are very serious about making a quality bow, at an affordable price, that can be marketed in a different way.
Exactly why I dont understand why they wouldn't continue the Diamond line or at least their most popular bows. I certainly dont believe they felt that the Diamond bows were anything but quality bows. And they certainly could have entered that market without the Diamond name (like Hoyt did) by creating their own name.
I'm sure it will all turn out great in the long run. I was just disapointed because I was doing backflips at the idea of picking up a Widowmaker at a cheap price. Hey , if they follow suit with Hoyt and put their BCS on these bows also??
Old 03-06-2005, 09:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

A press release from from Sept 04, 2004.

Press release
Old 03-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seen that last year but thanks.

Still leaves questions. When buying out another company for name , 99.9% of the time it's done when the other company has a strong recognition with a strong sales base.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think most people familiar with the Diamonds knew they used BowTech cams. Those not familiar will now see them advertised as Diamond by BowTech. The Diamond line of bows was not a household name, but there was some name recognition. So in that respect, BowTech is not starting out with zero name recognition. I feel the Diamonds will do very well.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rest assured the Diamond line will do just fine, heck, even though they aren't all listed on the Diamond web site yet, since the company started in Sept. 2004 they already have over 400 dealers for Diamonds alone.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally I think the biggest reason that Bowtech would pick up another company/name and use its own technology on it is as already stated so they can tap into the lucrative mass retailers like Gander, Basspro and Cabelas. Not unlike what Hoyt does with Reflex bows. I see this as a good thing as it will provide good value for the money, and not compete directly with the proshops that carry Bowtech. I would not be surprised to see Mathews do something similar. This is a little like an Acura/Honda or Lexus/Toyota in reverse. Excellent marketing tactic. Pick up another market segment without affecting the company name, but capitalize on the reputation. I just hope some Canadian wholesaler picks up the Diamond line so we can check them out.

Quick Reply: Diamond Victory Solitaire (Performance and Overview) *pics*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.