Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Diamond Victory Solitaire (Performance and Overview) *pics*

Old 03-04-2005, 06:14 PM

Default RE: Diamond Victory Solitaire (Performance and Overview) *pics*

And here this whole time I was thinking the Mathews line looked like Bowtech, instead of the other way around. Silly me.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shame on me LOL

nubo
Old 03-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

You give it a break. All I ever hear about on this forum is bowtech this and bowteck that
Maybe thats because almost everyone here oviously knows a good bow when they see one or shoot one.
I do like the switchback,very nice bow as well ,but I thought that Mathews was following Bowtech in the looks department

but almost anytime a person posts something good about a Mathews bows people always bash it and say Oh your just riding the band waggon of Mathews for its name
If you feel that you have the best bow on the market,and very proud to own a mathews then dont be embarrased or get upset.It is YOUR oppinion on what is the best and whats not.Nothing wrong with Mathews bows.Just take it as friendly bashing

FYI----My dealer is going to start carrying Mathews bows because everyone is asking for them,gotta tell ya something.ESPECIALLY the Switchback.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

There are only so many ways you can make a compound look. You can make a Tech style riser to look different or spilt limbs which IMHO Hoyts which uses both designs are the butt uglyest bow made. I know there are other ways but these are some of the most popular. All the people with hoyts around here want to say they have the strongest riser and strongest limbs butt I don't give a crap they are butt ugly bottom line and I also fell that way about ANY tech style riser and ANY I mean ANY bow with split limbs.I have had so many people shooting Hoyt, Mathews and other brand bows to step up to the chrono and see if that Bowtech is as fast as they say it is, needless to say when sporting my Pro38 dual cam which is about I think 4years old I just smile and say let's do it and when it over guess who is still smiling. Mathews and Bowtech are one of a few that are still making solid limbs with a typical style riser Parker is another I can think of off the top of my head. No I don't beleive the Mathews bows are not great bows I am sure they are I havn't shot this years models and past years the one I have shot have felt really nice but I beleive Mathews has put themselfs in a bads place talking up there solo cam for years staying at the status quo and Millions of dollars in advertising the almighty solo cam which is a great system IMHO but I beleive it is time to move on and they are stuck. They will in the years to come IF the Hybrid cams and now the Biniary cams keep gaining populatority. But I will say this if Bowtech started making all there limbs split I would NO longer be a Bowtech shooter I would more than likely move over to the dark side and shot a Mathews if I couldn't find a dual cam bow that meets my expections of what a bow should feel, shoot, and look like. To me Mathews and Bowtech have the finest looking bows on the market. I just choose to shot a Bowtech for now who knows what next year will bring.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

If Bowtech wanted to make a bow that looked exactly like a Mathews, they could certainly do better than that. Heck, look how good PSE did with the Durango! It was such a good copy they had to stop makin' em.

Sounds like a nice bow, Matt. Thanks for the report.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

MattPa... those #s are very "Patriot like"... At Gander Mtn we just picked up Diamond as our top line bow.. and we should be receiving them around the end of the month. Looks like Bowtech has just taken a huge leap forward w/ the Diamond venture... can't wait. Everyone that comes in always asks what I shoot... when I tell them Bowtech.. they say "do you carry them?"... of course I have to tell them "unfortunately no"... now I can point them the way of the Diamond.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ken,
I was in Gander Mt. York,PA Today looking at their stock of bows to see what they carry..........You guys are going to sell a bunch of these.

When you get them in you will see why, you won't need me to tell ya so.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Matt I appoligize for changing the direction of you posting ,I personally like alot of bow's ,but the new Diamondback's do look great and sound's as though they'll have a lot of interest in the near future .It might even put a dent into the Patriot's armour ,It sound';s like a very respectable bow and definetly does have a lot of the BowTech charactoristic's that I myself might like ,I'm not sure where in Ontario a guy might find one but I'd be interestd in checking them out a little closer .
Thank's for the review

nubo
Old 03-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

What happened with the Widowmaker? Will they offer something similar to the Widowmaker at those prices.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

FWIW,

All BowTech aquired from Diamond was the name, no parts, no designs, no machines, no liabilities, etc.

Quick Reply: Diamond Victory Solitaire (Performance and Overview) *pics*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.