Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Symtoms for too short of draw????

Old 09-10-2002, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Symtoms for too short of draw????

Other than the obvious visual symtoms , are there any other symtoms of a draw length being too short?

The subject came up at work and we discussed the symtoms for too long of a draw length , but the conversation switched to "how do you know if your draw length is too short" , and I was stumped.

Pinwheel , Len , TFOX , Arthur ,(or anyone else) are there any classic symtoms other than the obvious visual ones?

Edited by - bowfanatic on 09/10/2002 22:33:15
Old 09-10-2002, 09:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Symtoms for too short of draw????

A couple things come to my mind because I used to be one that was shooting too short.

1'st thing is your bow arm shoulder isn't able to relax,it should be relaxed and not pushed up against you.

2'nd thing is your elbow on your release hand should be straight back and not pointed out to the side.This will cause left and right problems.

3rd thing is your bow arm should be able to be extended almost completely out without having to bend your elbow.If you have to bend your elbow you need very little bend,more of just a relaxing bend and not a full bend.Hope that make sense.A little bend might be best for hunting due to clothing and maybe even some of the odd shots you may encounter might be easier with a slight bend.

When all of the above are right you can stand erect and without moving your head.Pull the bow back and the string will run across the tip of your nose and the corner of your mouth without moving anything out of wack.These are the most widely used anchor points but some will vary.
Hope this helps.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:19 PM

Here's a little draw length trouble shooting guide I picked up on the PSE forum. I think it will answer your question:
"Draw length troubleshooting:
A)If your draw length is too long your sight should float and never really stop. On too long of a draw length your misses will not be as far from the center but they will tend to be one side to the other without any consistancy.

B)If your draw length is too short your sight
may momentarily stop but when it moves it is herky/jerky. On a too short draw length your misses will tend to be further from the center.

C)If your draw length is correct (in theory) your sight will stop momentarily and the movement will be slower and reduced."
Hope this helps. BE safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown

Old 09-11-2002, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys! I'm just bumping this one back up.

"Nocked,cocked & ready to rock"