Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Problem with my Zero Effect rest....

Old 09-10-2002, 08:50 PM

Default Problem with my Zero Effect rest....

I've had my ZE rest for about a year, and I absolutely love it. However, I've noticed over time that the "groove" in the hook arm is getting worn, causing my arrow to sit lower in the groove. As a result, my cock vane (which I use in the downward position) has begun to hit the rest on exit, and is puttin a "wave" in the vane. Do you guys think this is caused by the arrow sitting too low now? I'm guessing that's the problem, and I've already ordered a new hook arm from muzzy. Also, other than covering the hook arm with moleskin, which wears out quickly, do you guys know of anything that would slow the wear (fingernail hardener, maybe?)?

Old 09-10-2002, 09:24 PM

Default RE: Problem with my Zero Effect rest....

masterbuck, i also have a muzzy, but only for a few months. can't help you with fixing it , but i have my cock vane turned up so it can't hit. it should shoot stright as it would shooting with the vane down and it shouln't put a wave in the vane. although i'm far from being an expert. i'm just offering what little i know ,and what woorks for me.it might get you by until your part comes in.

tracey moore
Old 09-11-2002, 05:14 AM
nub

I've had mole skin on mine for a year and a half now and you can't see much for wear. I've got a few thousand shots through it for sure. Sounds to me like you need to adjust your rest so the capture arm is falling away a bit sooner or dropping down further.
Old 09-11-2002, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

masterbuck...ditto what nub said. If it is adjusted right, no way should you be getting contact, or wear. My moleskin hardly show's any wear also. I'd check that. Make sure the stop screw hits the stop just before the cam rolls over, and that the rest comes completely down out of the way (ie: around even with the shelf of the riser).