Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question for Len in Maryland

Old 03-02-2005, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question for Len in Maryland

Does Reflex use the same (Brownell) strings as Hoyt?

If they do , I've had great success with the tubeless peeps (TruPeep) on my Hoyt Ultratec. Have a reputable proshop install it to get it set right. Then after shooting a month or so if you have any string stretch take it back and have them twist the string and get it back in position.

Do you know anyone who works on their own equipment?
Old 03-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you know anyone who works on their own equipment?
Matter of fact I do. We will be tinkering with strings/cables shortly but I am thinking about upgrading the string and cables anyway. Realize it does not need it but would not mind having a broken in set of spares handy for hunting trips where there are no pro shops for hundreds of miles around. Looks like I have found a source for some high grade strings
Old 03-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

stock strings are usually made from Fast flite and they do stretch, some stretch more than others depending on how well they are made.
but usually after 100 shots the string has settled in enough to twist the string up to its proper length and to get everything back in time and to use a tubless peep without having any problems with it rotating out of alignment at least I have never experienced any problems getting a tubless peep to line up on a stock string provided the string is settled in.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does Reflex use the same (Brownell) strings as Hoyt?
Hoyt makes all their strings in house for both bow brands
they use Brownell Material.

Ya I work on my own equipment but then agin I used to manage a pro shop too[8D]
Old 03-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

The comment on buying online always makes me chuckle. The prices are very misleading to most. The initial price will blow the pro shops out of the water................unitl you start adding in shipping, handling, and taxes. Now you have the product and in the case of arrows need them cut( Almost all shops will charge if they are not bought there) Or in the case of an arrow rest. Guys will bring them in and expect the proshop to install and set-up for free, add in these costs and you are usually more expensive in the long run. I purchase everything I can from the proshop. I send people their way and in return I get prices as cheap as the on-line orders before all the extras that get added into the equation. Everyone has to eat these days.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Elkcrazy8

Unfortunately for the proshops , you can save alot of money buying stuff on-line , no taxes , and often no shipping charges depending on size of order. I've seen the unfortunate results myself. We had a proshop close down because of that reason , he just couldn't compete with on-line prices and it just happened that 3 of the 4 bow lines he sold also had on-line sales.
If you cherish your local proshop I'd suggest spending a few extra bucks to keep them around!