Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BowTech Defender cable slide

Old 02-28-2005, 11:19 AM

Default BowTech Defender cable slide

I noticed that the wife's cable slide on her Defender is a mirror image of the slide on my early Allegiance. Does anyone know if this different slide reduces cable torque? I see VERY little lean on her new Defender!! I might swap them out and see if my Allegiance changes any
Old 02-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BowTech Defender cable slide

I'm not sure I follow ya gimp. I noticed on my Alegiance that the slide was flipped short slot to the back compared to pics of others bows and comparing it to my buddies Old Glory. I contacted Pat at Bowtech and he said that they started doing this later in production.

Also, has anyone else noticed the limb emblems changing from all silver to the now red circles in the Bowtech logo's? I got one with the red logo.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Russ, I have since changed my cable slide to a sims.
http://www.limbsaver.com/limbsaver/a...ableslide.aspx
Noticed I was getting quite a bit abrasion on my cables, with the cable guard the bow came with, (NAP), since changing it's much smoother on my cables.
However, I still have a bit of 'limb-twist' more visible on my bottom limb. I have nothing to test to see if both limbs are 'identical' in poundage.
Muzzyman I also got the new logo with the 'red swirl'--looks cool eh!!!
Old 03-01-2005, 10:39 AM

Ampa, bottom out your limbs and then check tiller top and bottom and that should tell you if your limbs are identical in weight My wife's Defender has the red swirl and my Allegiance has the silver swirl,, I didn't notice that!! You guys are sharp,, but I look more at the back side of my bow than the front
Old 03-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

WWAG--I got a 'shorter tiller measurement' on the top limb, about 3/32", maybe not a 'perfect matching pair of limbs'. [X(]
Old 03-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ampahunter, I was told by the reps at Bowtech they don't recommend the Sims slide. The reason being that it actually pulls the cables further toward the slide than the stock slide. They did however say that a Hicks slide works well on these bows.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had to put a simms slide on to get fletch clearance for my 4 inch right wing feathers.

Not near enough room with the stock slide for the feathers.

BTW mine has the silver logo as well[8D]
Old 03-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Muzzy, haven't heard this before. But from my observation the abrasion on the cables have all but stopped, the cams are perfectly inline at static form, (just as the bow came) nothing has changed at the dynamic mode, to what it was when the original cable slide was on----did the Tech provide a 'reason' for not using the Sims Cable slide?
Old 03-02-2005, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, he said the sims slide pulls the cables toward the cable slide bar too much. Since there is no way to correct for cam lean created by that sort of thing, it can become an issue on the EQ cams.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Muzzy, in theory this sounds right, but I've checked my cams after switching to the Sims slide, using a Apple Laser and the Spot Laser and the cams are spot on.
The same at full draw--no difference to the readings I got with the original slide the bow came with.[:-]

Quick Reply: BowTech Defender cable slide

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.