Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Drop away questions, need opinions esp...

Old 02-28-2005, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Drop away questions, need opinions esp...

Silent, here are my pics.

As I stated, I really like the NAP's for non-bowtech bows since they'll fit. I really like the looks of the new Cobra rest as well. The APA twister features full containment and is quiet as a mouse and is getting good marks from Matt/PA on here. I also really like the design of the ripcord rests as well.

The drop zone is nice and getting very good marks from a lot of people. I have yet to hear of any total failures or problems with this rest. And, its very quiet when compared to others on the market.

When compared to the Trophy Taker, its easy to see how others are better IMO. Sorry, but for the same price as the trophy taker you can get better containment, quieter and also micro-adjustments.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

That guys I appreciate the info. Please keep the opinions coming!
Old 02-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shot a couple different rests on my 04 Pat SC

I used the Trophy taker shakey hunter, Dropzone, APA Ultimate Twister and Trapdoor.

All were excellent except the Trapdoor which broke not once but twice. One was stuck in the cocked position exchanged it and then the new one broke and would not cock at all.

I noticed no accuracy or tuning diffucilities between any of the rests.

For hunting I would suggest them in this order

1st. APA
2nd. Trophy taker
3rd. Dropzone

For 3-D

1st Trophy taker
2nd Dropzone
3rd APA
Old 02-28-2005, 06:32 PM

I have an APA Twister Safari on my Allegiance and I really like it. Can't compare it to anything else as it is my first drop away. I am just using it for hunting and it offered me both containment and drop away so it gave me everything I wanted.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:29 PM

I have two Trophy Ridge Drop Zones not a bit of problems. I have had them on a Parker and a BowTech Liberty. They are quiet and were easy to install. I would recommend them to anyone. Alan
Old 03-01-2005, 06:58 AM

i've had a vbg ultimate. great rest.... but the bottom of your arrow will sit at the top of you berger hole, and the spring loaded arrow holder is kind of hoaky. that was last years though. shot a tt, you can get it quiet and you can get clearance, but its a hassle (shaky hunter). i shot 2 bodoodles, love em, too loud though and didn't find it out until drawing down on a monster. shooting the dz now. like it.... but only had it a month or so. a big gust of wind will move your arrow across the launcher arm. easy to adjust.... so far i haven't found a perfect one for my pat s/c., but i like this dz. never shot a muzzy, but the guys who set them up right swear by them, i just don't know how to do it, and from what i've seen in the shops here, nobody else does either.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've had the QT4000, Trapdoor, TT Shakey, and DropZone. I'm currently using the DropZone and have been very happy with it. Some have said it is loud, but I don't hear it. Maybe I got lucky with a quiet one, but compared to the TT it is a whisper. The Trapdoor leaves a lot to be desired. The QT4000 is a great rest but not enough adjustment. I most likely will not switch from the DropZone any time soon.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are any of you guys that are shooting the APA Twister Safari shooting the SL model? Thanks
Old 03-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just set up the SL version on my buddies bow.

It was just as easy to set up as mine was. Flawless performance and whisper quiet. He is shooting quick spin vanes through it too. They have a higher profile than your average 4 inch vane too[8D]

In my reply earlier I ranked it as 3rd for 3D. I was ranking it as the version I had which did not have the SL option. With the SL option I would rate it right up there in first with the TT.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:16 AM

I am shooting a GKF mirage and love it.

My setup is as follows:
Parker Pheonix 34
GKF Mirage rest
Cobra micro adjust sites
Hoyt stabilizer
70# DW
28" draw
PSE radial weave stealth hunter 300 arrows. 27"