Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

OG string and cable length, Bowtechies help

Old 02-28-2005, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OG string and cable length, Bowtechies help

...Whoaaa....You mean to tell me that there are bows out there with no string/cable specs on them and those same numbers are not printed in an owners manuel??? What's up with that? Matters not if the company is Hoyt, Mathews, or Tootyfruity, for what these bows cost that just shouldn't be!!
Old 02-28-2005, 04:27 PM

OK, let's please not make a mountain out of a mole-hill. I own the bow and I am fine with it. A phone call will most likely answer the question. I know the Old Glory I shot at the shop before I ordered mine did have the numbers.

And if you want to compare with other companies with respect to strings, this is the ONLY bow that you do not need to take the stock strings off before you start shooting it. For what those bows cost, nearly $900 for a Hoyt in my neck of the woods, there is no way in the world you should have to spend another $70-130 on a string. That is truly a load of crap, if you ask me.

I only posted this to get a quick answer, but I will call Bowtech and get it straight from them.

JMAC
Old 03-01-2005, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

I am also going to call Bowtech. My dealer has 2 lengths listed for the OG. Are these different lengths the cause of the difference between the original IBO speed and the Current speed?