Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow tune question

Old 02-23-2005, 05:07 PM

Default RE: Bow tune question

one thing i have been told by bcy is that they get a lot of calls because people made the string the correct length, only to find the length listed on the bow is really not the correct length. its possible your bow really needs the
89 7/8" inch string. i'm interested in how the new string will fit because i'm making them. using 452x i make my 87 and some odd inch strings 3/16" short before twisting or applying severe tensions to serve and they come out right. there is really only a tiny bit of room for error. they need to come within 4 twists or so either way of being perfect, and that amounts to about 1/32" each way on a string that long. that gives me about a 1/16" window to start or it will end up with too few or too many twists for my liking. weirdly enough for a cable thats shorter i start a little long because i use 2 extra strands, and it makes a big difference in stretch and how much gets sucked up when twisting. anyway that's why i'm interested, i may make a set for your same bow one day and will need to know