Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BowTech String & Cable lengths.

Old 02-21-2005, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default BowTech String & Cable lengths.

Would it be possible for BowTech to provide information of the string and cable lengths for the equalizer binary cam bows somewhere on the web site?
I know these measurements are on the stickers for the respective bow, but they are not shown in the manual or web site.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BowTech String & Cable lengths.

I'm not sure why they aren't listed in the pdf manual but I e-mailed them to you.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:23 PM

I called BowTech directly and talked a a guy named Ray and he gave me the measurements for my sting and cables on my 2001 BK2 with no probs.Good luck
Old 02-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got-it, thanks so much--just replied.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:09 PM

I also need to know this. I am looking at swapping my cams to the next shorter cam. I assume I need a shorter string when I do this? What about the cables?

Thanks for any info.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Blodg

I also need to know this. I am looking at swapping my cams to the next shorter cam. I assume I need a shorter string when I do this? What about the cables?

Thanks for any info.

Troy,

When you change the draw length (cams) nothing in the harness changes so you won't need a new string or cables when you do the swap.

If you still need the lengths drop me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll get them to you.

Regards, Pat
Old 02-23-2005, 06:47 AM

WARNING

Anyone twisting cables or strings on the Binary Cam System should be VERY careful. Doing so can change let-off drastically to the point where you'll get the bow LOCKING at full draw. It would be the same as if you removed the draw stop, which is a NO NO, and documented by a tag on the bow and in the Owner's Manual.

If it would happen to you, DON'T PANIC. You would need help to get the bow to let down. It happened to my bow Tech and luckily he knew better than to let off the string. It was easy for us to get it down because we moved it to a tool that I designed. We let it down easily with the tool. Most wouldn't have that luxury.

If this were to happen to you and you would panic, letting go of the string could result in a dry fire. Dry fires can damage the bow, but moreso could hurt you. This would never happen unless you removed the draw stop or changed the cables/string length.

PREVENTIVE ACTION: If you do change string or cables, a way to prevent 'lock up' from happening would be to move the draw stop to a much lower let-off. You could then move the draw stop up to a higher let-off once you checked the amount of let-off on a bow scale.

This is not meant to scare anyone. The BCS is a very safe and great new cam system. Like with many mechanical products in the world, there are warnings issued about doing certain things that could cause adverse situations. Think about how many warning labels are on products we buy every day.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Len--ONE turn or two--(I think the Bowtech manual say NO MORE than THREE turns) is OK on the cables.
I tinkered with my Allegiance after changing the cams to attain the correct BH.
The bow came with a slightly shorter BH, the ATA was fine.
We assumed the shorter BH was attributed to the string track in the cams, but a twist here and a twist there and another twist, (twisting the night away) got me what I was looking for.
Both BH & ATA are now dead on spec--the Let-off where I want it to be, gained some speed and the bow shoots like a 'dream'--now I've got to work on "ME".
Old 02-23-2005, 11:02 AM

When you change the draw length (cams) nothing in the harness changes so you won't need a new string or cables when you do the swap.
That's great news Pat, thanks for the info. (sent an email).