Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Limb Twist

Old 02-21-2005, 11:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech Limb Twist

radman, I understand your concern. I'm the same way. If you can find the thread that Matt/PA referenced Len's post from I think you'll find answers to any questions you may have. After reading that thread I checked my other bows and found limb twist on them as well. On my twin cam I can play with the yoke settings to get rid of it but then find it harder to tune. I have found that limb twist is a small price to pay to get a well tuned and great grouping bow. I now have an Allegiance and I'm glad that nobody else has been around while I've been shooting it because I've been grinning like a giddy school girl.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:22 PM

Radman:

Of all the binary bows we have sold and are in stock, we really haven't 'noticed' the aggressive cam lean that some have indicated. Of the ones we've sold, none exhibited any problems in tuning; quite the contrary.

While I can't take the time to do the study concerning cam lean vs. ATA that I mentioned in another post, I feel compelled to do a study of the existing stock that we have as it pertains to static and dynamic limb twist. I'll even check the bows that my employees have been shooting for a while. This will give me some possible 'wear' data.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:24 AM

,,, can lean,,, limb twist,,, next up is "cable guard rod torque"[&:] All of which is present in just about any bow,, but it's especially scrutinized on BowTech bows It's probably because of all the speed, accuracy and quite power of the Equalizer cam system
Old 02-22-2005, 08:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland

This holds true for ANY short ATA bow; and, the longer the draw length, the worse it will get with any cable guard system. Again, this holds true with all designs using standard cable guards, flexible cable guards, or roller guards.[&o]

All bows with a cable gaurd type of rig have limb twist

Just like Len stated
Old 02-22-2005, 12:29 PM

Reading my eariler post, I can see where someone might read it as a reply to Len. This was pointed towards the critics of the Equalizer cam system and not Len's remarks