Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trophy Taker Noise

Old 02-17-2005, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Trophy Taker Noise

Just wondering what everyone does to silence a Trophy Taker rest. I just put one on my Allegiance and its ridiculously loud. I have a rubber arrow holder from nap on the riser and moleskin on the prongs. The prongs are hitting the rubber on the riser, not the stop on the rest. I just can't figure how to make it any quieter. It makes a rattling type sound on the shot.

I did notice slop in the prongs where the bolt goes through into the body of the rest. Its not much, but more then I would expect for a 70 dollar rest.

Oh by the way guys, this Allegiance thing......unreal!
Old 02-17-2005, 10:02 PM

Default RE: Trophy Taker Noise

So the moleskin on the prongs is hitting the rubber on the riser? hmmm....
My NAP with hush tubes hits the same rubber and is dead silent.

Is there anyway you can put some super glue where the bolt goes through? I realize you wont be able to make any future adjustments but its an idea.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:28 PM

Are you sure it's the prongs hitting the holder? Mine just makes a little 'tick' and I have neither moleskinned. Take the arrow holder off and moleskin the riser surface. Or moleskin the arrow holder too.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Muzzy, mine's making the same noise. I'll let you know if I figure out how to stop it. The noise is coming from the play in the launcher shaft. I don't know if it's caused by the longer shaft, due to the wide bar but, the same rest made no noise before I put the wide bar on.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Even if you are stopping the rest it may be bottoming out on the little stop that stops the arm. Try builing up the moleskin a little thicker. I use a piece of the limbsaver rubber strips and it works great on mine.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:41 AM

I have had no problem with noise. I put two layers of mole skin on the shelf and one layer on the rest.
It quiets it down quite nicely.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:50 PM

I put felt on the prongs and on my riser. Noise, What noise???
Old 02-19-2005, 01:10 PM

Don't worry guys MUZZYMAN IS JUST CRAZY!!!!!! He's just looking for an excuse to tinker with a new rest. JK bud we'll get that TT quieted down.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:16 PM

I know exactly what noise you are talking about. Both mine and my brothers made the same noise. You are right its the slop in the prong where it attaches. I don't know a fix for the problem except for what I am doing which is throwing the rest in the garbage. I will be putting on a MZE or Biscuit soon!!!!
Old 02-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I actually got my quieter than any TT I've ever heard. After fiddling with it, I every so carefully tightened the bolt that runs through the head until it still moves freely, but there is significantly less slop.

Here is the big secret I found. Take a peice of moleskin about 1" and 1/2" wide. Pull the backing off of it and very carefully pinch the moleskin in the middle to make it stick together a little creating a ridge about 1/4" high. Stick this to your riser where the prongs hit and you're good to go. The little ridge really softens the landing of the prongs and is extremely quiet.

The thing that gets me is this. These rests are close 70.00 most places. I would expect them to be quiet right out of the box. I really feel TT can do much better than this.

On a side, IMO, the TT is one of the most if not the most accurate drop away made. I never shot as accurately or as consistantly as I have with any of the TT's I've had on various bows. I"m not sure what makes these rests any better for me than other rests, but I notice a difference.