Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

82# Old Glory - SMOOTH & POWERFUL

Old 02-17-2005, 01:26 PM

Default RE: 82# Old Glory - SMOOTH & POWERFUL

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

I'm thinking that Len has been bitten by a couple of bugs The speed bug and the BowTech bug
sounds like a good bug
Old 02-17-2005, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to shoot my 525 grain hunting arrow today to see how much more the KE rises.
Len, you gotta be careful with stuff like that. ya know, there is a name for things they are called missles.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:49 PM

I really can't tell a public forum how to increase the poundage because it will void your warranty. Sorry.

When I shot the heavier arrow today, it didn't increase the KE as much as I had expected. I would attribute this to this bow being a VFT design. When I've done this 'trick' on other designs, the DW and KE increased, but so did the 'feel' of the bow. With this design, the cams felt just as smooth as at 70#. In fact, I don't think I've ever drawn a smoother 80#+ bow.

It is neat to just 'mess' with things like this.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bet Len put a roller guard on. To bind the cables and gain weight.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:11 AM

Heck Phil,,, Len's prolly got a top secret super mega compounding thrust multiplier gizmo he's going to patent on that Old Glory
Old 02-18-2005, 05:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know what bugs me more.

A) When Len comes up with some intriguing comment or statement that he doesn't elaborate further on (obvious reasons in some cases )...or...

B) ...the fact that he has an Old Glory to play with and I don't.[:@]

Old 02-18-2005, 05:52 AM

Frank:

How many years have you been talking about making the trip to my store? I think it's about 7 years.

If you ever make it there, I'll share this and other information with you; but, you'll have to be sworn to 'secrecy' and wear your 'secret ring'.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Len, you are doing your best trying to get me to drop 7 or more bills on a new bow arn't you . I'm off for the next week due to an injury, might stop by.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Frank:

How many years have you been talking about making the trip to my store? I think it's about 7 years.

If you ever make it there, I'll share this and other information with you; but, you'll have to be sworn to 'secrecy' and wear your 'secret ring'.
Ok Len, now I know you must be slippin'. I was down at your shop two summers ago....or am I just not that memorable of a person? Remember....you gave my son that little "Hunter Dan" buck to play with?
Old 02-18-2005, 01:58 PM

Len,As soon as I saw your post,I knew it would get some attention.I know it got mine!As soon as my shoulder heals a little more(couple of weeks),I'll stop down to the shop and we'll have some fun with the Old Glory.Maybe those 31.5 cams will be in by then...Bob

By the way,Len,It was nice of you to call to see how I'm doing,Thanks...Bob

Quick Reply: 82# Old Glory - SMOOTH & POWERFUL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.