Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

arm guard

Old 02-17-2005, 02:26 PM

Default RE: arm guard

It's all in how you're set up and taught to shoot. You would be amazed at how many of my customers don't use them.

And keep in mind that I personally use a bow with about a 6 3/8" BH.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Site Bouncer

I use one,

I have never hit my arm and when it's warm I don't use one. Here in Illinois it gets down right cold in the late season (January) sometimes below freezing. I will wear lots of layers and my outer coat fits loose over all of those layers. It can add up to 1-2 inches. then take into consideration the position you might find yourself in when taking the shot and it could spell disaster. Like I said I have never hit my arm but why would you take the chance? I use a neopreme sleeve, I just pull it over my coat sleeve and I don't worry about it.

Some of you guys preach about buying the "best" equipment and we owe it to the animal were hunting and you only have "one chance" at the buck of a lifetime, but your willing to blow the shot because the string that "never" hits your arm just did? Give me a brake!
Old 03-02-2005, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Like alot of you guys I use one when wearing a coat or jacket with thick sleeves....I mean with all of the bowhunting equipment, time and money that goes into hunting I'm not going to take a chance of the string hitting my coat mess up a shot.

Very cheap insurance if you ask me.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

I wear one, but only because it is my lucky charm. No other reason. Superstitious? YEPPER!

I see more critters with it on. Shut up...I do!!!

It's on my left forearm....LUCKY CHARM!!!

Old 03-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use one when hunting colder weather.

I've never used one before I purchased my wool (Columbia brand) jacket and bibs. Shooting technique has absolutely nothing to do with trying to avoid slapping my sleave on that jacket , it's bulky and loose in the arms. I suppose I could come up with a technique to avoid the string contact with the sleaves but I'd have to shoot with enough bend in my arm to drop a couple inches in draw length. An arm guard is a much better alternative.