Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Bisquit or Whisper Disk?

Old 02-12-2005, 10:30 AM

Default Whisker Bisquit or Whisper Disk?

I see they have a new Whisper Disk from GKF. Is this a better option then the Whisker Bisquit? Is the Whisker Bisquit a problem in wet weather? I used to shoot fine in years past with regular TM style rests. Then came the drop away craze. I've tried the MZE, Trophy Taker, Trap Door and Quick Tune styles. I would like to go for and easy, good for hunting solid rest that hold my arrow. I no longer shoot competiton 3D and I don't take 40 plus shots at game so will I shoot just as well with a Whisker Bisquit type rest? I always thought they looked stupid but it seems that they are a good rest. Any imput?????
Old 02-12-2005, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Bisquit or Whisper Disk?

It's just my opinion but I feel the Whisker biscuit is much better than the Whisper disk.
I was at an outdoor hunters 3d shoot a couple years ago and I had some blow hard spouting off about how his buddys friends brothers cousin (you know the type) was hunting with a WB in the rain and he missed a nice buck because his arrow just fell out the end of his bow after the shot because the biscuit was saturated with water.
So I just had to make him look foolish I walked down by the creek , held my bow horizontal and dipped my WB in the creek. I then stuck my feather fletchings in the creek to saturate them as well. We then walked back up to the hunters steak wich was about 25 yards and I dropped one right in the 10 ring. The guys watching (except Mr. Blow Hard) said it was the coolest thing they've ever seen , they said there was a cloud of mist when I shot.
Old 02-12-2005, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion the bisquit is better than the disk.It will last for several years without fail.The disk is just trying to jump on basically the same design but with lesser quality and performance.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:25 PM

As much as they say they get good fletching clearance on the disk, I would have to default to "Murphies Law" on this one. And fletching clearance will be harder to achieve with helical fletched arrows. The Biscuit is a simple yet very effective design and many feel it is the best hunting rest out there, including me. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bisquit is way better.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:16 PM

The whisker biscuit is more accurate and shoots quieter and faster than the disc. The whisker biscuit also lasts for years of shooting and hundreds of thousands of shots. The biscuit actually improves with age getting softer and gentler the more it gets used.

Good luck hunting! >>>---------->