Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

apa safari twister.....noise

Old 02-11-2005, 05:54 PM

Default apa safari twister.....noise

I am thinking of getting the apa safari twister, for those that have used it does it make much niose, such as the trophy taker.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: apa safari twister.....noise

I had last years modle APA Twister and it was one of the most quiet drop aways I have ever heard.

Great rest you will love it.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:04 PM

Thanks buckeye, around my parts no one has the twister, so I have not been able to see one. Do you know how about how much they cost and where I can get one(internet). The closest place is about 1.5-2 hours away.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

My buddy just ordered and recieved the SL version directly from APA it was around $95 shipped.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

That is absolutely redicules for something as simple as an arrow rest. I don't see how some companies people sleep at night.

I will also be looking at the safari drop away but I sure aint gonna pay a hundred bucks for it.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

The MZE and Dropzone are both $100 as well.

His price included shipping as well.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:09 PM

I agree big bulls that is awfully high. I have a feeling since it was purchased from apa it is a little more than it would be from a pro shop, or at least I hope so. I think PSE has came out with a similar model. I the there is someone from apa that post here every so often(the mangler) hopefully he can tell us what we can expect to pay at a retailer.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think Retail pricing is $87 from APA, which should be lower at dealer level, however the rest is so new that many dealers are just getting them in, and it is easier to order direct from APA..........however APA is in Canada.[]

The Safari is a step up from the original version that I used on my Liberty all season. the cage is much beefier, built in slick tubes, the mounting bracket itself is better and the launcher now has a stop pin for height for evenmore consistency.
It's a great rest, it really is.
I am shooting the one that I had intended for my Allegiance for hunting this season on my Old Glory for 3D right now because my Windage bar for my TT isn't here yet........and to tell you the truth, This rest isn't coming off UNTIL hunting season I think. It's shooting terrific for me as a target rest.

The rest operation is extremely quiet. Much moreso than a Trophy Taker, the slick tubes prevent the need for moleskin etc, but they do have a little bit of a "Hiss" to them with the textured carbon shafts like CE CX's, however it's only for a short distance at the end of your draw cycle so it's no big deal anyway.
The "SL" (side load) version will need to use the supplied felt as the launcher is one piece across the bottom and slick tubes were not an option.

It's quickly become my favorite rest for hunting, and now doing just great for 3D.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

The MZE and Dropzone are both $100 as well.
Yep, those are two of the companies I was refering to about sleeping at night.

I aint buying a hundred dollar rest from them either.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:24 PM

You can't go wrong with the Twister Safari, I have one on my Allegiance abd it works great. There is a bit of a hiss at the with my CX 300's but very little. My rest came with Moleskin but I never istalled it sa the hiss isn't that bad. My Twister came in 4 days ( I am only 1 province away though )and APA covered the shipping. Great Customer service / Great rest / Price tag is not that bad compared to some others!! Why wouldn't you try one.

Quick Reply: apa safari twister.....noise

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.