Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help me choose.

Old 02-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default Help me choose.

I have some money saved up and would like to get either a hoyt vtec or ultratec. I will use the bow for mostly hunting with some 3d mixed in. I want fast and forgiving and I noticed that with the ultratec you can get the spiral cams. Are these the ones that if you creep just a bit you can kiss your arrow goodbye and are draw length specific.?Give me your honest opinions and help me make up my mind. God, I love the brain teasing stuff. Someone should bottle it up and sell it. Aim for the boiler room. Bhunter32.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Help me choose.

Are these the ones that if you creep just a bit you can kiss your arrow goodbye and are draw length specific.?
Yes on both counts. I would probably suggest the standard cam and a half if you were going to go with either of these two Hoyts. Personally, I always enjoy trying new models which would have me leaning a bit towards the Vtec in this situation. Either would fit your situation criteria but the Vtec specs appeal to me a bit more.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Give me your honest opinions
HA HA , You asked for it ! Id look at another company , Bowtech , Darton , or Merlin would be on the list . If you have to have a hoyt , Id skip the spiral cams , as I like more valley , or a genteler end of the draw cycle , especialy for treestand hunting . All the bow manufactures I mentioned fit this . I dont like the cam 1/2 system , My honest oppinion
Old 02-11-2005, 07:06 AM

BOWTECH!!
Old 02-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

Shot the Vtech today! Not as smooth as you wold think a bow costing 650 or so should! I own a mathews Switchback AWESOME BOW! You need to try it.

CATCH US IF YOU CAN
Old 02-11-2005, 03:00 PM

I strongly reccommend any model from Bowtech including their new Diamond line of bows. Shoot extremely fast, are very forgiving and best of all are very well priced.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:24 PM

I was recently in the market for a new bow and was set on a Hoyt. Ditto everyone else, go for the cam 1/2 if you must have a Hoyt. Steer clear of the spiral cams. Everyone else provided the reasons so I will not repeat them. See below for what I bought. If speed is what you want right off the rack, again look below.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't understand you guys wanting to shy away from the spiral cams. I came very close to getting a Raazortec with the Spiral cams. I shot a Ultratec with the Spiral cams and thought it was very shootable, even with a 6.5" brace height.