Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

FDC Graphs of Allegiance vs LX

Old 02-10-2005, 12:16 PM

Default RE: FDC Graphs of Allegiance vs LX

Thanks for getting back to topic. Great info.

In the future, may I recommend sending arguments that really don't deal with the topic of the thread DIRECTLY, make a new thread. It is a pain in the A$$ to scroll through the others to get the meat of the real topic here. Just a suggestion.
JMAC
Old 02-10-2005, 07:35 PM

Quote: Robvos
Just so you guys are aware -- there is no recognized IBO standard.
The AMO (ATA) standard is a real standard as defined by engineering bodies.

IBO measurements are basically an industry accepted criteria.
The manufacturers started using these parameters because it looks more impressive.
There you go again Rob, stating those 'facts'.

The ATA/AMO Standard is written much like a Military Standard. Guidelines and tolerances are very specific. What the manufacturers would rather use is the IBO standard? Why, because the numbers 'look' better and because the specs can be 'interpreted' to meet their needs. The fact that the ATA Standard used an almost obsolete number of 9 gpp for too many years has made the industry lean more towards the IBO as well.

Blodg presented some fine data in the form of graphs. It took a lot of time and effort and I commend him. Where he fell short was comparing some 'published' information rather than performing certain tests independently.

Whenever you get into comparative information/testing, you've got to set the test criteria, guidelines and standards. We cannot all have a chronograph, weight scale and DL tool certified monthly by the NBS. We must therefore 'compare' two or more different manufacturers' products with a given set of specs, tools and test equipment.

If you test the DL using the same tool and standard, you can differentiate any difference in DL by a defined measurement. If you use the same scale to set the DW, even if the scale is a pound off, they'll both be measured to the same poundage. If you measure an arrow and adjust the weight to fit a criteria (say 5 gpp), then you have a standard. If you use the same chronograph and the same arrow out of compared bows, you then have good data.

Will this data agree with anyone else's data? Unlikely! But, you will then be comparing 'apples to apples' realistically and the differences between all models will be more meaningful.

I can't tell you the number of times that this method of testing has proven that manufacturers 'bend' their numbers. Do I fault them for it? Somewhat; but, it's just their way of making their products more attractive - advertising.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Blodg,

Good work... I didn't realize I had Norb Mullanys protege living so close to me and heck, I even used to work at the same place as you (along with 3500 others)...

I think we'll have to get together sometime at Fat Heads and have a good ole' Fat Head burger and fries.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

BTS:
I think we'll have to get together sometime at Fat Heads and have a good ole' Fat Head burger and fries.
Hey I know, maybe you can use your.......never mind.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

Blodg,

Good work... I didn't realize I had Norb Mullanys protege living so close to me and heck, I even used to work at the same place as you (along with 3500 others)...

Pat, that can be arranged. As a matter of fact, we are getting ready to run down to Fathead's right now since it's the only decent restaraunt withinn 15 miles of me. Too bad we weren't able to meet up at Jay's the night I picked up my bow, I hope everything is OK with that situation.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Blodg

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

Blodg,

Pat, that can be arranged. As a matter of fact, we are getting ready to run down to Fathead's right now since it's the only decent restaraunt withinn 15 miles of me. Too bad we weren't able to meet up at Jay's the night I picked up my bow, I hope everything is OK with that situation.
When things calm down some we'll have to do dinner at Fatheads for sure...(I love their pizza's too)...

All things considered dad's doing o.k but he's got a long uphill battle ahead of him, please keep him in your prayers...

Regards, Pat