Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

FDC Graphs of Allegiance vs LX

Old 02-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FDC Graphs of Allegiance vs LX

We can all use an "adjusted" AMO and IBO speed to give ourselves an idea of how our bows perform
That is correct but there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. In order to "adjust" the speed one has just measured to an IBO standard you must first "scale" the power stroke to a 30" draw. This will yield stored energy scaled to IBO conditions. Then using virtual mass calculated from the "test" bow results you can calculate the predicted "IBO" conditions speed. If you don't scale to a standard set of conditions there is no basis for comparison.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sylvan, you have some good points and I agree the speed does need to be verifed. I think people are going to continue to use IBO as a slang term to indicate the 70 lbs. and 350 grains for speed at their given DL.
Blodg,
I think you are correct!
BTW, I hope I haven't offended anyone. If I have please accept my appologies.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well if it is not an IBO speed then why does the BC say that it is?
The BC does not say it is the IBO speed.

It says IBO arrow speed xxx fps meaning that the arrow weighs the 5gr/lb which is to the IBO rules.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Uhh, Blodg, didja catch my post from earlier in this thread? If so then would be kind enough to compare those two figures? Thanks.

Frank
Old 02-10-2005, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

The BC does not say it is the IBO speed.

It says IBO arrow speed xxx fps meaning that the arrow weighs the 5gr/lb which is to the IBO rules.
What is the difference between "IBO speed" and "IBO arrow speed"? Looks like you are trying to define a new term to me.

"IBO speed" - means 70#, 30" and 350grains
"IBO arrow speed" - means any weight, any draw length but 5 grains/pound.

BTW, you are correct about 5 gr/lb being IBO rules but like I said before that is for competition and has nothing to do with a standard for quoting speed.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sylvan:
What is the difference between "IBO speed" and "IBO arrow speed"? Looks like you are trying to define a new term to me.
"IBO arrow speed" - means any weight, any draw length but 5 grains/pound.
Then accept it. The BC states the bow shot whatever speed, at whatever draw length, at 5 gpp(IBO standard for competition and measuring arrow speed re: arrow weight). Call it IBO arrow speed if you like.

BTW, you are correct about 5 gr/lb being IBO rules but like I said before that is for competition and has nothing to do with a standard for quoting speed.
What is 350/70? Five. Five grains per pound of draw weight. IBO rules, and IBO standard. You're getting rather nit picky with this. Let's talk about AMO standard. 9 gpp at 60#. So would a 70# bow not shoot at AMO standards with a 630 gr arrow? I guess it would be AMO arrow speed, not AMO speed.

BTW, I think Troy's information here is not flawed. Both bows are the same draw length and draw weight. Same arrow weight as well. So the numbers are accurate for the two bows in question. That is what this was originally intended to represent. And not everyone has a 30" draw. More do not, than do. So why be so hung up on not having IBO draw length of 30"?
Old 02-10-2005, 07:42 AM

I think some are reading way to much into all this number crunching. Just set the Allegiance up and shoot it. I'll promise you that BowTech's claims can all be backed up. I have a 28'' DL and it is hard for me to get any real speed out of a bow set-up to hunt. UNTIL NOW. I've had my Allegiance for a couple of weeks now and its unbelievable. Like I said I've got a 28'' DL and set at 70# and a 353gr arrow I have accomplished a speed of 303fps. I have not changed anything about this setup from last years except for bows. Last year I shot a Hoyt X-Tec setup exactly the same and was only getting 272fps. The Allegiance is a bonfide speed bow and does'nt give up noise,vibration,or shootability to achieve it. And to the gentleman that said the BC's arrow speed is not IBO speed. Well it would be if that bow that was tested was a 30'' bow but the BC refers to that individual bow equipped with whatever DL it comes with.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

pdq 5oh wrote:
Then accept it. The BC states the bow shot whatever speed, at whatever draw length, at 5 gpp(IBO standard for competition and measuring arrow speed re: arrow weight). Call it IBO arrow speed if you like.
Call it picky if you like but the standard for competition and the standard for measuring arrow speed are 2 DIFFERENT things. You are incorrectly linking them together. You don't have to believe me, just look it up. I've given you 1 web site for reference, there are many more including the IBO site itself.

The IBO standard for measuring speed is 70#, 30" and 350 grains. The rule for competition is that you can not shoot an arrow lighter than 5 grains per pound of peak weight. You are absolutely incorrect to say "at 5 gpp(IBO standard for competition and measuring arrow speed". If you Bowtech or anybody else says the IBO standard for speed is anything other than 70/30/350 then you/they are simply wrong.

Also I didn't say the data was flawed. I said that the speed quoted was not an IBO standard speed and I said that I don't trust numbers from manufacturers.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

And to the gentleman that said the BC's arrow speed is not IBO speed. Well it would be if that bow that was tested was a 30'' bow but the BC refers to that individual bow equipped with whatever DL it comes with.
You are absolutely correct! It WOULD be an IBO speed IF but it WASN'T so its NOT. You can't measure any way you want and then try to say you've measured to a standard. Enough said!
Old 02-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Slyvan just go down and pick up an Allegiance and prepaired to be shocked!

Nuff said[8D]

Quick Reply: FDC Graphs of Allegiance vs LX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.