Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I got to meet the MAN!!

Old 02-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I got to meet the MAN!!

I was at the Harrisburg show on Saturday and got to meet and talk breifly with Chuck Adams. Never met him before and it was pretty neat to say the least. Very nice guy. He talked to me about some of his hunts this past season. Ya know, nothing big. Just elk, sheep in Yukon Territory, caribou, a moose or two, some whitetails in the midwest. Nothing too exciting.

Man, that would be a tough life to live.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:11 PM

Default RE: I got to meet the MAN!!

Wow. That's pretty neat! You are right, that WOULD be the life. Even though I am sure it is hard work. Just think of all the money that guy has spent on guided hunts in his life. I think it would be cool to have someone like this that never uses a guide, goes out and finds his own, maybe on public ground or his own private ground. I don't want to sound like I am taking anything away from him though. He is an expert to say the least, and has some amazing accomplishments.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yoiur Absolutely right Chuck Adam's is the man ,but don't think Chuck isn't put into the right situation's to maximize his chance's of getting his record's .I'm not knocking Chuck, he doesn't pay guides, but he does have guides or people who hunt these area's with him, these guy's just go along for the ride and make sure he's in the right area's to maximize his chances . But just the same I'd love to have this guy's job . I think I'm going to put in my application or my resume tommorrow LOL. I also feel so bad for Chuck he didn't have too good a year with a couple Moose a bighorn a few elk etc,etc,LMAO

nubo
Old 02-07-2005, 07:10 PM

If I could hunt the same areas he does,I would have world records as well..Anyone can pay for a trophy..The ones behind the high fences look really good in the magazines..My thought on that is for the right dollar you can buy any trophy and endorsment you want!!! On the other hand ,if it makes you feel like somebody special to shake Chuck"s hand then more power to you..
Old 02-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Elk, do I sense some jealousy?

I'm not saying he is the greatest hunter to walk upright. I also never incurred that he doesn't get opportunities to hunt prime areas with excellent guides and such. But I'm in awe of the places he's hunted and the animals he's taken, regardless. I'm not so sure about the high fenced suggestions here. I don't recall hearing that he hunted in high fenced areas.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck is the man. What people don't realize is the hard work and dedication it took for him to become who he is. The sponsors won't just walk up to someone on the street and say you are going to be our next trophy hunter. It takes years of dedication and sacrafice to get to that point, to where you start to become noticed. He earned the status that he has, and foolish coments will not take away his glory. I am against canned hunts but who are we to decide that every trophy game animal that has been filmed being taken on video has to be a canned hunt. I know of a guy who checks in on this site once in a while who harvested 3 P&Y bulls 3 years in a row on public land. I helped him pack one of the monsters out. What did this get him................Sponsors. So in order to be noticed and get where he is, he had to do pretty well on his own. ................

If envy were changed into inspiration, this world would be a different place.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:03 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

Read some of his old articles when he was clawing his way to the top. Plenty of tough hunts. He's more than paid his dues.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:11 AM

Chuck Adams has hunted hard for his game he also says that if its legal to go without a guide he does. He also admits that he has hunted a few high fenced ranches but only a few times and prefers not to (he doesn't knock down hunters that do). and of course he has had some help getting put in the right areas for world records but none the less he is a very accomplished bow hunter who doesn't shoot the most expencive bow or the fastest arrows or bow for that matter(way less than 250fps) so IMO metting him and talking hunting would great no matter what anyone says
Old 02-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

And... if you read his autobiography, you may NOT want his life. He's sacrificed a LOT to get to where he's at... including his family, he freely admits. Not something I'd want to do.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:24 AM
Typical Buck

He also has ice water flowing through his veins.If you ever get a chance check out the film clip where he harvested a polarbear,with an inuet guide.Chuck used what looked like an old PSE phazer/or lazer (can't remeber,I used to own one too)painted white.Also I read an article in bowhunter mag a while back where he mentioned a kodiak he harvested at almost point blank yardage while it was charging,just imagine!

Quick Reply: I got to meet the MAN!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.