Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Timing issue on Dually

Old 02-07-2005, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Timing issue on Dually

I've been looking at my bow and although the timim=ng looking fairly good ,the limbs don't line up exactly between the marking's on the cam's .Both are off just a tad I believe due to a little stretching ,it's been this way for a while now and I've really had no issue's with it ,but since there's no hunting right now and I have the time .,I'd like to tweek it a bit to get it right back lined up in the middle of the cam marking's .If I add a 1/2 twist to each end of the string will this accomplish what I'm looking to do ?

nubo
Old 02-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Timing issue on Dually

nubo, You can't time a bow when it's relaxed. The top cam will roll faster than the bottom. You must be a full draw to establish timing marks. Draw your bow and have a friend check and mark the cams where the string passed over it. If needed, you can adjust the difference by twisting the cables. When you have the cams timed, mark them with a sharpie for future reference.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:49 PM

nubo, you'll find that if you add a twist to one of your cables it will move one of the cams, if you add a twist to the other it will move the other cam. twisting the string will adjust them also, but probably not the way you want them to be adjusted, it will probably make them move the wrong way. i used to have a black knight dually, and this is from memory, but if you pull on your string a little bit, and the cams go the wrong way from between the marks, then tightening your string will make it worse. it seems like i never really had to mess with the string much, but was tweeking the cables on a fairly regular basis.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank's guy's !

This is the answer's that I was looking for I just want to do a little tweeking ,but wanted to double check with the guy's on this forum who know what they're doing ,before I started. I don't want to start messin with it until I find out whether I'm on the right track or not.

nubo
Old 02-07-2005, 09:09 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

Not to pick nits, but in this case the term is synchronization, not timing. Just pull back and you'll feel the bump-bump at full draw if it's out of synch. Tighten one buss until a you feel a single bump as you hit the wall.

On my Dually, the cams don't align exactly the same against the limbs at rest (very close, however), but they're in synch at full draw.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

BTM!

After thinking about this I feel it's not a timing issue an synchronization is definetly the word that I couldn't think of at the time . I've checked it and it's in synch but when in relaxed form ,the hash mark's on the cam's are just a tad off ,but as I've been told you can't tell when the bow is in relaxed form. The limb used to lay right in the middle of these marking's on the cam and now they both line up at the edge of the marking .I hope this make's sense to you .The bow feel's fine when shooting I was just thinking on trying to roll it back to it's original location .

nubo
Old 02-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

Same here as BTM, It took some time but after several draws and some tweaking it became just one bump, after I did that I put marks on just so I could see any small changes but I haven't had to do a thing after intial shoot in.

Nubo,
Unless your measuements are off from spec. I'm not sure if I'd change a thing. jmho
Old 02-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

nubo.. I believe the best way to check timing is to "creep tune"... Shoot 3 arrows at a horizontal line from the back of the wall... and then 3 from the front of the valley and see if they hit high/low... if they hit the same spot.. then timing/synch is fine. If they hit high/low.. then need to do some twisting.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:32 AM

Nubo, sounds like your string has stretched a bit. Can you pull the string a bit and get the lines to align with your limbs??
Old 02-08-2005, 12:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Attach your string to a weight scale (or a hook of some kind) at the same place you attach your release and pull down just like you are checking the weight. Make sure that the modules are on top so you can see them.

Look at the flats (draw stops) on the modules and see if the modules are hitting both cables at the same time at full draw. If they are not then twist the cable of the cam that is "faster" or fully rotated. By twisting it you are shortening it and this will bring it around to being in synch with the other cam.

After you get them in synch with each other you can twist both cables equally and get the cams back into their optimim rotation between the hash marks.

Quick Reply: Timing issue on Dually

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.