Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Input needed for selection of a new sight.

Old 02-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Input needed for selection of a new sight.

Come on Gibblet!

Get with the pace here,I'm trying to sell the Cosmic ,I love this sight and as asked earlier about the pin being fragile ,it is not fragile it has a solid piece holding the fiber in place.This sight may look fragile but it's as solid as most on the market ,I've been using mine for 3 year's now and hunt some pretty heavy cover and this sight is still in one piece believe me I've put it through the test's and it keep's on ticking . And the price is the best thing about it ,it definetly won't break the bank.I'll choose the Impact over my Spott Hogg for hunting anyday of the week .I'm not running Spott Hogg because it's as tough as any sight made today I'm just not in favour of their pin's in low light condition's ,but as soon as I start shooting 3D again the Spott Hogg will definetly be back on my bow.

nubo

nubo
Old 02-10-2005, 07:42 PM

Would a Spot-Hogg or Truglo tritium pin be compatible with the Copper John setup?

I looked at the Copper John sights and they do look pretty robust and well made. I've been using Tritium sights on firearms for years. Having a 20-30 yd. Tritium pin on a SH or CJ sight would certainly solve any low light issues without having to rely on batteries or huge spools of fiber optics.
Well, I don't know if those pins are compatible with the Copper John sight or not. However, I do know that the sight is PLENTY bright for low light. Last weekend when I was coming in from my hunt, I was checking my pins with the fading light to see when they stopped being bright enough. I could see my pins very well even after it would've been too dark to make an ethical shot on a deer. Heck, I probably couldn't even tell whether the deer was a buck or doe and still be able to see my sight pins fine. If that isn't bright enough for you, or you want to shoot in the dark (??), then there is an afterburner kit that attaches to the sight for extra light.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:45 PM

I am very happy with my SpotHogg Real Deal. I would suggest it. The pro shop I shoot at sells HHA sights and they are excellent, less pricey and have a life time warrenty. There are two really good ones to start looking at.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:12 AM

There are just far too many really nice sights on the market! I had an easier time deciding on my bow and rest!
Old 02-17-2005, 11:07 PM

Well, I looked at them all. MANY times! I was truely impressed with the VBG and the HHA for a single pin movable sight. The Impact Cosmic is also extremely nice but I figured with all of the deals on them on ebay I'd just snatch one of those up at a later date.

I decided I wanted a multi pin sight. The Copper John, Dusk Devil 2 and Spot Hogg really stood out for me. In the end it was a struggle between the CJ and the DD2. I ended up with the Dusk Devil 2. The pin design seems very good and the sight has a great reputation and an unbeatable warrenty. It seems like a great sight and I am anxious to start using it.

I really appreciate everyone's help and opinions here. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:07 AM

The plastic in the Trophy Ridge has been known to crack. I would go with the Copper John!
Old 02-18-2005, 11:37 AM

The Dusk Devil 2 is from Montana Black Gold. I wasn't impressed with the Trophy Ridge sights I looked at.