Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Input needed for selection of a new sight.

Old 02-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Input needed for selection of a new sight.

I just bought a cosmic on ebay for $42 bucks. I think they are a great hunting sight.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:29 PM

I like the ranging sights myself and you have good taste.

THe HHA and the Vital Bow gear are probably the 2 best ones out. Good luck deciding. I am trying to decide between the two myself.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

From what I've seen the Impact sights are no brighter than the VBG ights, and at least the VBG sights are made from machined aluminum. If you baby you're equipment, the plastic should be fine. If you're rough on equipment like I am I would want the extra insurance of having the aluminum sight.

Something to think about.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't been easy on my equipement!I suppose if you try hard enough you could break just about any piece of archery equipement.The COSMIC has worked great for me and i'm sure it will ne on my bow for many years to come--along with the whisker bisquit and no-peep.I've found a combination of hunting gear that i really like and don't feel the need to look any further.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:46 PM

After looking at the Cosmic, I think it would be pretty tough to break the outer aperature. It is pretty robust. My only other concern would be the pin, which seems a little fragile. It is well protected though.

Impact will also sell me the 3 pin aperature to replace the Cosmic ring should I decide to go that route. 1 more week before I make my purchase!
Old 02-09-2005, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Landjaeger

After looking at the Cosmic, I think it would be pretty tough to break the outer aperature. It is pretty robust. My only other concern would be the pin, which seems a little fragile. It is well protected though.

Impact will also sell me the 3 pin aperature to replace the Cosmic ring should I decide to go that route. 1 more week before I make my purchase!
The cosmic sight I have made noise. The fiber in the ring vibrated. The fiber as well could be smaller. It covers quit a bit of the target. It is bright though, brite enough to lite up with just a full moon. They do offer a light for it. It's so brite you could use it as a flash light. I don't think it's breakable but it might be if it was cold enough.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:38 PM

Wow, can't believe I haven't seen Copper John thrown up yet. It's VERY sturdy, bright, and a good price to boot.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:00 AM

Would a Spot-Hogg or Truglo tritium pin be compatible with the Copper John setup?

I looked at the Copper John sights and they do look pretty robust and well made. I've been using Tritium sights on firearms for years. Having a 20-30 yd. Tritium pin on a SH or CJ sight would certainly solve any low light issues without having to rely on batteries or huge spools of fiber optics.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:43 PM

if you take the front of the aperture off you can put scotch tape around the fiber optics of the cosmic and it will stop making noise. the noise is the fiber optics rattling around. ( i still got a vbg)
Old 02-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

Try the Dusk Devil2. It is very sturdy and won't cost an arm and a leg! Life time warranty for just under 100 bucks! Can't beat that! Very bright at dusk and dawn.

Quick Reply: Input needed for selection of a new sight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.