Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Was Bowtech about to go under this year?????

Old 02-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default Was Bowtech about to go under this year?????

I heard from a local shop owner that bowtech almost went under this year because they have never paid rolalitys for using the solo cam design and they HAD to make a deal with Escalade sports which it says they did on the website that they made a deal with them. How mcuh if any of this is true about Escalade sports almost sueing bowtech into bankruptcy? Not tring to start anything but I do have a bow on order from them and I like there product but I also would like to know if there a financal problems with the company. I have shot there product for the past 3 years and would hate to think they are in financal trouble.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:26 PM

Default RE: Was Bowtech about to go under this year?????

Every year around this time, the "Bankrupt BowTech" rumors start up.

I can tell you right now that BowTech is far from going under and is here to stay! Heck, from what I heard, the ATA show was just insane for BowTech! They (BowTech) have risen to the top of the game faster than any other company and they are going to keep growing bigger and bigger every year!
Old 02-02-2005, 10:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Considering they just purchased Diamond Archery I don't they are short on money.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:00 AM

yup, this is the 3rd year in a row i've heard it. the first time was from a dealer who didn't have them. the next year he got them and his tune changed a lot.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll second the Diamond archery statement. Not too many companies would buy another company if they didn't have money to play with. Bowtech is growing and growing fast. In fact, I just heard a while ago that in a lot of areas, Bowtech is outselling Hoyt and Mathews by leaps and bounds. Also, from my understanding, as of the ATA show, they are getting more orders than they can make in a months time.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

I heard from a local shop owner that bowtech almost went under this year because they have never paid rolalitys for using the solo cam design and they HAD to make a deal with Escalade sports which it says they did on the website that they made a deal with them.
It was my understanding that Bowtech's single cam design did not fall under the same patent because of specifics of the design. However, since Escalade (instead of Mathews) now owns the solo cam patent I would guess that they wanted to "make right", for lack of a better phrase, the situation that existed "around" the original patent.

In other words, Bowtech was never going into bankruptcy.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I heard from a friends' grandmothers' granddaughters second cousins' buddy in prison that HOYT is selling out to CHAMPION as soon as they can get the money from MATHEWS to get back on their feet--should be any day now[:'(][8D]
Old 02-03-2005, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is a popaganda tactic to try to get you to buy another possibly higher priced bow.
they do this to have you thinking in the back of your mind... what if they do go out of business my warranty wont be worth crap and I cant get my bow fixed.

I hear the same rumor about HCA about this time every year for the past 5 years, guess what, they are still in business.

neither bow manufacturer is going any place.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:10 PM

Yet another Bowtech bankruptsy story.[8D]
Old 02-04-2005, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a real simple one word answer...

NO.

Quick Reply: Was Bowtech about to go under this year?????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.