Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Allegiance Force Draw Curve (stop data added)

Old 02-04-2005, 04:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Allegiance Force Draw Curve (stop data added)

Am I reading that correctly?

You're getting 1" of draw length adjustment with the stop?
I noticed that as well Rangeball. Blodg, did you record an inch of draw length change when switching from the highest to the lowest settings for the drawstop?
Old 02-04-2005, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Graph of Allegiance Force Draw Curve

ORIGINAL: pdq 5oh

Well, the Ohio boys needn't worry about rain. At least after we whoop ya. We can hang out in the BowTech Hotel. The Pa guys can stand under the awning.
Hey now... I want in on the action if there's going to be a PA. vs. OH. showdown...(p.s. I have my shooters stool and it's complete with a very large golf umbrella but no frig) [&o] But hey, who needs a frig on the range when you have other options... I think Phil and I would gladly welcome the Ohio boys to a venison dinner and cocktails at my BowTech Express and or Phils BowTech Hilton after the whoopins put on the Pumpkins...

Hey, I don't have a 3-D rig, anybody got a bow I can use? [8D]
Old 02-04-2005, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, maybe we could park them together. And take up half of the parking lot.
I know, the losing pumpkins can serve us our venison dinner. I'll bring the French maid costumes for them. [:-]
Chad, we don't need no stinkin' secret weapons. It'll be kinda like the Iroquois and the Delawares. Get ready to wear petticoats.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey now... I want in on the action if there's going to be a PA. vs. OH. showdown.
AAAAAHHHH man you pumpkins are screwed now!

We have the KING of all that is BowTech shooting with the BUCKS. The FORCE will be strong my friend, the FORCE will be strong.

I know, the losing pumpkins can serve us our venison dinner. I'll bring the French maid costumes for them.
LMAO BM, Matt, Muzzy, Hardwoods and maybe Pabow in french maid costumes now that would be classic!!!! I'd post it in my signature

Notice they are on the quiet side past 2 days......Maybe they finally realized what they are getting themselves into
Old 02-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Notice they are on the quiet side past 2 days......Maybe they finally realized what they are getting themselves into
Or maybe instead of yapping on a message board about our skills.......some of us are actually practicing.[:-]
Old 02-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man I am layed off work right now so all I really have to do is practice and yap on the BBS

No kids, not married and the girlfriend works afternoons. A guy has to do something to occupy his time[8D]

BTW I am a carpenter I get layed off every winter. Where you think all these posts came from all "2269" of them????
Old 02-04-2005, 10:35 AM

Hey Blodg,, I shipped your press today Don't know why you'll need it for the Allegiance,, the harness on my Alleg hasn't budged except for me lengthening the string[8D]
Old 02-04-2005, 10:48 AM

Default RE: Allegiance Force Draw Curve (stop data added)

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

I noticed that as well Rangeball. Blodg, did you record an inch of draw length change when switching from the highest to the lowest settings for the drawstop?
Yes PA and rangeball, the draw length with the stop out was 27 3/4" and was 26 3/4" with it at the other end of the slot. I don't beleive that whole 1" of adjustment is truly usable because with the stop all the way in the letoff was 50% and there was zero valley. I guess you could shoot it like that but it would be similiar to shooting a recurve, LOL. If you even breathed away from the stop it wants to take off on you.

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland

I was informed today that they are now calculating the DL at the 80% post position. That would mean that the bows now being shipped should be 'right on' the posted DL as you stated. The ones I measured were some of the first off the production line. I recently got some newer ones in. I'll have to check some of them when I get a chance and hope that my original measurements are no longer applicable.
Len, my Allegiance was just shipped last Monday and my specified DL was not at the 80% post position. So if they made any changes to that procedure it was within the last week and a half.

Original: walks with a gimp

Hey Blodg,, I shipped your press today Don't know why you'll need it for the Allegiance,, the harness on my Alleg hasn't budged except for me lengthening the string
Thanks WWAG! I need the press for tweaking and messing around. Also I need to install a peep in my son's bow and much prefer to do that stuff myself than have to take it to the shop.

orignal: PABowhntr

I would love to have something like that setup so I could take measurements of some of my bows. I think it would prove to be a very useful tool indeed.
PABowhntr, the jig I am using was not difficult or expensive to build. If you are interested I could show you how I made mine. It is a little scary the first few times you use it but I have never had a problem. No liability though if anyone tried it and the bow gets damaged, LOL.