Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Allegiance Force Draw Curve (stop data added)

Old 02-02-2005, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Graph of Allegiance Force Draw Curve

Hey Matt did you shoot any nationals last year? Wondering if you made Erie when you mentioned "rain".[&:]
Old 02-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

blodg,
Here's a pic of how mine sets up.........I am tying in a tru-peep tomorrow, but for now the sight adjustment has been fine tuned pretty much by simply looking through the string at peep height and shooting at 10 yards in my basement. I have pretty decent repeatable form and can tell exactly where that peep is going to be, and even looking through the string temporarily it's shooting basically 1 hole groups at that range. It's paper tuned to 10 yards as well and shooting bullet holes from 6 feet on back. Quick and easy too.

Buckeye,
Imentioned rain because from what I understand EVERY IBO event was flooded out last year.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:23 PM

All the BowTech Binary cam systems that we've checked have a 1/4" longer DL than specified when the draw stop is put in the 80% position. Therefore, when ordering, consider that you'll get 1/4" extra DL if you want 80% let-off.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt/ Pa

I thought you shot with a No-Peep? Perhaps that is the setup you use just for hunting....
Old 02-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now since we are going to go through with this bragging rights shoot I am going to have to pick up a deluxe folding chair quiver with a umbrella, built in frig and satellite TV. Gotta show up in style!

As my man Dondeere says it's all about the Image

Now we just need to get buck magnet to show up with those PA boys[8D]
Old 02-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Len,
I just measured my Old Glory's AMO draw length carefully on my 30" model , and it measures out at a "hair" under 30 1/8" AMO (Didn't want to get into 1/64th's for sanity's sake)

I measured a Defender the other day at Kinsey's and it was precisely 29" AMO........the Allegiance that they had WAS 29 1/4"

All of these bows including mine were measured at the 80% let-off mark.

Buckeye,
I'm sure it will be quite a display of creature comfort at that shoot.

Antler Eater,
I do shoot a No-Peep, on my Liberty hunting set-up and I have been shooting it for my first 6 3D shoots this season, it is quite accurate, but in a competition setting I find myself so concerned about drifting on it during my shot progression that I find myself letting down to much.
I'll just match up peep size to my sight aperture and all will be well........I leave just enough to catch the entire ring of my sight aperture and center that everytime regardless of pin shot. Easier to shoot in competition, but not so good for hunting where low light, and quick clear target aquisition is more important. They'll both work but each is suited a little better to it's own thing IMO.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Buckeye,
I'm sure it will be quite a display of creature comfort at that shoot.
The best thing about it is the low man has to carry it. Looks like you and muzzy are going to have your hands full. I mide as well just get the fold out couch version instead of the chair. You know so Phil Troy and I can all have a seat between X's
Old 02-02-2005, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buckeye...I've been watchin you. The only thing heavy you'll be carrying at this thing is my score card. Heavy with numbers.

You'll need that comfy chair to watch us PA bows put on a clinic. Don't want you to feel uncomfortable around us real shooters.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh Jeez, Thats a nice curve? [:'(] Want me to bring my Oneida over so you can measure its curve?
Old 02-03-2005, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

blodg,

Great information! With a measured stored energy I'm able to calculate virtual mass rather than estimate it and if you are interested yours calculates to 66.5 grains. You can now accurately predict your velocity using any arrow weight with the following equation:

V=SQRT(2*SE/((m+66.5)/7000/32.16))

V = velocity in ft/sec
SE = stored energy
m = weight of arrow in grains

The 66.5 grains is again in the ball park with results from some of the other bows we looked at on the other thread. This is a great number with dynamic eff at 84.1%. With a 500 grain arrow it should be around 88.3%

I must admit that I have been very skeptical regarding what people have been quoting but I'm becoming more and more convinced. I guss the next step for me is to shoot one. Only problem is I'm left handed and the closest dealer to me is over an hour away and doesn't have a left handed model in the place. Maybe I'll just order one!

BTW would you mind posting the raw data for the draw curve? Also, did you measure the speed or is the speed from Bowtech?

Thanks and GREAT WORK!

Quick Reply: Allegiance Force Draw Curve (stop data added)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.