Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Allegiance Force Draw Curve (stop data added)

Old 02-02-2005, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Graph of Allegiance Force Draw Curve

uh ha........maybe this summer we can meet half way and us keystone country pumpkins can show ya how its done.
Challange accepted Between meeting up with and shooting against troy this summer and spanking some keystone keyster I am going to be pretty busy this summer

Hows the Erie IBO leg of the Triple Crown sound? It's even on your turff[8D]

Hope I didnt just write a check my butt can't cash.........naw, I don't have anything to worry about
Old 02-02-2005, 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Challange accepted Between meeting up with and shooting against troy this summer and spanking some keystone keyster I am going to be pretty busy this summer

Hows the Erie IBO leg of the Triple Crown sound? It's even on your turff
Sounds good to me, I might as well woop up on muzzy as well[&:] and on his home turf to boot.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I might as well jump in an help out my fellow PA guys.....(some of them whiny but PA brothers nonetheless)
I don't anticipate anyone whooping up on this PA boy anytime soon.........

Should be at the IBO in Erie as well........

Blodq,
By the way nice work on the graphing, I think we are going to see some very surprising performance numbers coming off these bows as they are tested more thoroughly throughout the year.
I was surprised that your graph reads that the Allegiance doesn't hit peak until just bout 15" into the draw, I would have guessed that it had ramped up in half that distance. But it does just slide off into nothing.
I was shooting my Old Glory for about 1 hr last night, and although it's only 61# after a while I tried to shoot my 70# Liberty and I kid you not it felt like 80#.[:-] I could not believe the difference in feel between the 2 and man did even that smooth Liberty feel a whole lot different!
The draw cycle on my Old Glory is like butter. I can't wait to get this thing on the 3D course this weekend.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, I'm in for Ohio.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:17 PM

I'm in for the PA Team!!! Well I've seen Muzzyman shoot before. (Unfortanetly he is one of my regular shooting partners) And lets just say he will need all the help he can get (well that was when he was shooting a Hoyt maybe he'll do better WHEN his Allegiance arrives.) I can't say too many bad things about Ohio they did help vote "W" back into office. Unlike the hippie Liberals from philly and pbg who voted for Kerry.

Matt,
Your OG is freakin sweet. I pick mine up Tomorrow right after work. Tomorrow is going to be the longest day of my life!!! Is that an APA twister I see on your OG? And from the looks of it you have it tied into the cable slide right? Do you know what kind of speed your getting out of yours? I am estimating somewhere about 300 fps with my setup.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's on....... looks like it is going to be a showdown of the Bucks vs the Keystoners.....

The battle of the states. A once friendly border now pitted against another in the battle of BowTech, bring it boys, bring it[:@][:@]

Don't worry we will take it easy on you country pumpkins[]

Well I've seen Muzzyman shoot before. (Unfortanetly he is one of my regular shooting partners) And lets just say he will need all the help he can get (well that was when he was shooting a Hoyt maybe he'll do better WHEN his Allegiance arrives.)
BTW I wasn't really worried, I was just trying to give him a false sense of security
Old 02-02-2005, 04:28 PM

This brings up another question I have. I shot the Old Glory this past Monday. It was marked at 29.5", my DL, but it felt a bit short, as no loop was installed, which I usually have. Anyway, from which post, 65% or 80%, setting is DL determined? I need to maintain 65% letoff to remain legal for hunting in OR, so how long do I need to get the bow?
Thanks,
John
[/quote]
I am also curious on which let off they set the draw length on. When I ordered mine I was at the understanding that the DL was determined from the 80% let off and that is where I wanted mine at for a 27 inch draw
Old 02-02-2005, 05:27 PM

Ya'll are killing me with all this Allegiance talk. I love my Liberty, but this thing sounds just plain AWESOME. I went to the proshop the other day, but did not dare shoot the one they had. I was afraid I may leave with it!
Old 02-02-2005, 07:08 PM

ORIGINAL: jman660

This brings up another question I have. I shot the Old Glory this past Monday. It was marked at 29.5", my DL, but it felt a bit short, as no loop was installed, which I usually have. Anyway, from which post, 65% or 80%, setting is DL determined? I need to maintain 65% letoff to remain legal for hunting in OR, so how long do I need to get the bow?

I am also curious on which let off they set the draw length on. When I ordered mine I was at the understanding that the DL was determined from the 80% let off and that is where I wanted mine at for a 27 inch draw
Well guys the way I understood it the 80% was supposed to be at the specified DL. For example your 27" I thought would be at 80% and to get to 65% you would shorten the DL by 1/4" to 26 3/4". Now that mine is here I don't see it exactly like that. Mine is a 27 1/2" DL and with that setting I had about 69% letoff. When I moved the draw stop to obtain 80% I then had an extra 1/4" I can also go the other direction to go shorter than 27 1/2" at somewhat less let-off. I don't know if every bow and every draw length is going to be like mine but I am going to put it in the jig to determine the true range of DL adjustment and the corresponding let-off.

Matt, beautiful Old Glory and am I seeing double or do you have the same sight and stabilizer as I do? Actually my stabilizer is an old dinosaur and I doubt yours is the same brand but they do look very similiar. How is the Hogg-It working for you? I moved the spacer where the sight housing mounts to the bar and have left-right about perfect and in the middle of the adjustment range. For vertical adjustment I had to move the sight housing to the lowest set of holes and I am also near the bottom of the turret adjustment. I think I am OK but it is awful close to being out of adjustment on the low side. Did you have the same issue? My nocking point is set level and the rest has the arrow centerline even with the middle of the burger button hole.

A group of us forum junkies getting together at a shoot for bragging rights would be a frickin blast. What class are you PA boys shooting? I know Buckeye is shooting HC and I am still trying to decide between HC and MBR. I believe for some of us to shoot together we would have to be in the same class, they have separate ranges don't they? It has been a little over 10 years since I have shot an IBO National.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think I am OK but it is awful close to being out of adjustment on the low side. Did you have the same issue? My nocking point is set level and the rest has the arrow centerline even with the middle of the burger button hole.
I don't know?.........Mine is set level as well and my sight is as dead center of the vertical adjustment as you can get. Windage is fine as well. The whole sight set-up couldn't be any better. What sort of anchor are you using? Generally the higher you anchor the lower the sight aperture will end up.

The stabilizer on mine is a 12" Stealth 3D, (I have a side bar with a 3.5" Stealth on it for counter balance...won't compete this way, just playing around) I will be shooting Hunter Class as well. I know Pat (Bowtech_Shooter) will be there as well as a couple other forum guys. We'll all have to sit around in he evening at the Bowtechmobile and eat all of Pat's venison steaks.
Sounds like a good time in the making.........as long as it doesn't rain.[:-]

Quick Reply: Allegiance Force Draw Curve (stop data added)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.