Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I Finally Did It!!!

Old 01-27-2005, 05:04 PM

Default I Finally Did It!!!

Well I finally went and did it. I went and got to shoot an Old Glory and WOW!!!!!! I had already shot an Allegiance about a month ago and was very impressed but the bow I was waiting on was the Old Glory. Well It was everything I thought it would be and more. Shot like a dream, no hand shock quiet, and very acurate even without sights. Well needless to say I put money down on it today and had them put it back for me. I'll have the rest of the cash for it in a few weeks. But in the meantime they told me I could bring my stuff in and shoot it in their shop but just not take it home to replace my wife in bed. But just some numbers for all you guys to think about.
The birth Certificate reads:
29' draw
70.8 lbs
shooting a 350gn arrow at 308fps

We then shot a 30" Blackhawk Vapor arrow wieghing approxomately 417grns through the crono at 289 fps!!!! We ran some numbers and I fugure to be right around 300fps with my arrow setup. What a jump up that will be from shooting a meager 260fps with my old High Country.

But the amazing thing to me is how comfortable the bow was to me. It just felt right. That 70lb pull only feels like 60lbs. Well I guess anything would be easier to pull than my high country with the dead stop hatchet cams. I can't wait to put it through it's paces.

Too bad you don't have your Old Glory yet PABowhntr you'll love it when you get it. And we all know Muzzymans bow won't be in until at least November 2005!!!!! Just to set the record straight Muzzyman did tell the dealer him and I use to tell their rep the sob story about him being on his death bed and his dying wish was to just shoot his new allegiance just once. Well bowtech replied "Just let him Die we have his money already!!!" JK buddy hope you get it soon.

Sorry so long guys just excited, and to think I almost bought a Patriot last year. Boy I'm glad I waited!!!
Old 01-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I Finally Did It!!!

That bow is pretty awesome isn't it? I have a 60# coming for 3D, and can't wait to get it going for this season.
Boy how hard is that , VISITING your bow!? [:-] That would be like getting a puppy at the pound and having to put him back in his cold wire cage every few days until you decide to bring him home.
Breaks the heart just thinking about it!
Old 01-27-2005, 05:20 PM

Yeah Matt I'm going nuts just thinking about it. But oh well I know it will be worth the wait. That Tax Refund can't come soon enough. Mailed out my taxes the other day, with the request for direct deposit. So it will be faster getting back to me. That bow is going to be a tack driver!!! I even named my Old Glory already, I'm gonna call it "Bowcephus". I can't wait for the 3D season to start. By the way Matt what rest you planning on putting on yours?
Old 01-27-2005, 05:30 PM

Congrats on the new bow PA. I've been considering a new bow, just can't decide(switchbak or allegience), well enogh of my dreaming. Keep us posted on how well you like it.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mine is strictly going to be a competition bow so I will most likely use a regular Trophy Taker with the extended windage bar........if it was going to do double duty 3D and hunting, or just be a hunting bow I would absolutely put on an APA Twister Safari.
That's the rest that will go on my Allegiance when I get it. It's sitting here in the package just waiting for the bow.
I'm shooting 3d right now with my Liberty and the first version of that rest and it's shooting great, been on my bow since February.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:33 PM

GREAT[:@] Another Bowtechneck on here!
Old 01-27-2005, 06:53 PM

ShadowAce build a bridge and get over it Come on you know you want to join us on the dark side!!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2005, 06:58 PM

Hey Matt I plan on putting my Shakey Hunter on mine, in fact I just got the replacement extended windage bar for mine today in the mail. That ne APA Safari Twister does have my interest peaked though. Does your regular twister have the accuracy capable from the shakey hunter? My bow will be pulling double duty as a hunting/3D bow and I just might get a safari to tinker with. I guess i've been hanging out with muzzyman88 too much, we all know how much he loves to tinker!!![8D]
Old 01-27-2005, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Chad,
I currently have about a 308 IBO average for my 3D winter league(and it's outdoors in all weather[:-]), and that's with my 70# hunting bow. It's plenty accurate, and that's with one of the prototype models from last year. This years model has a stop built into it for launcher height at full draw, last years didn't and it's still very consistent.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

And we all know Muzzymans bow won't be in until at least November 2005!!!!!
You know whats really going to chap my a@%? Pahardwoods, you're probably going to have yours before mine even gets here. I can just hear you know.......[:@]

I just ordered a TT Shakey with the extended windage so i now have a rest as well for it. About the only thing left to get for it is a Stealth Stab.

Matt, do you have any pics or info on where I might be able to find one of them snazzy camo Stealths? What's the price diff for camo?

Quick Reply: I Finally Did It!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.